• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gsk8
    • Jun 2003
    • 4.2.x

Admin and Paid Subscriptions

Hey folks!

So I finally added a "paid subscription" (mostly that hides ads) with a few perks. I subscribed and paid myself, but the system won't let me add the secondary usergroup (obviously I must stay an "Admin" in primary). See the error code I get when I try. Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
    Paula
  • Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org
    • Sep 2004

The message tells you exactly what the issue is, did you read it ?
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• gsk8
      • Jun 2003
      • 4.2.x

Uhm. Yeah. Thanks for pointing that out. I did read it, but I was not able to understand it. Hence the screen cap and question on how to fix it without messing something up.
      Paula

Comment

• Paul M
        Former Lead Developer
        vB.Com & vB.Org
        • Sep 2004

In your config.php file one of the settings looks like this ;

// ****** UNDELETABLE / UNALTERABLE USERS ******
        // The users specified here will not be deletable or alterable from the control panel by any users.
        // To specify more than one user, separate userids with commas.
        $config['SpecialUsers']['undeletableusers'] = '1,2';
        Your userid will be one of those specified ("1,2" above are example userids).
        Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• gsk8
          • Jun 2003
          • 4.2.x

What would I change, if anything, to be able to add myself to the secondary usergroup and reap the benefits of not having Ads? It's weird because I'm already in two other secondary groups, but I can't have that one (Paid Subscriptions).

Do I compromise any security by changing the config file? If so, what do I add (or substract)? Sorry, feeling really stupid, but just want to make sure
          Paula

Comment

• gsk8
            • Jun 2003
            • 4.2.x

Just checking in to see if anyone could help?

Another question I have (that many members have been asking) is how does one member pay for another member?

Thanks again in advance!
            Paula

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

1. You would remove your ID from the config.php file.
              2. Save it on the server.
              3. Make the change.
              4. Once the change is done, add your userid back to the config.php file.

Or you can edit the ads so the Administrator usergroup cannot see them and use a second user to run tests on them when they change.

vBulletin doesn't have the capability for gift instructions. You would have to determine if you want to allow this and how to handle the payment. Once the payment is made, you can add a paid subscription to the user manually in the AdminCP. To add a manual subscription, edit the user and choose Add Paid Subscription from the Quick Links dropdown.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• gsk8
                • Jun 2003
                • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                Or you can edit the ads so the Administrator usergroup cannot see them and use a second user to run tests on them when they change.
                Thanks! This would have been my first choice, but the option is already being used by the paying group and the dropdown don't allow for more than one (i.e. Advertising > Display this ad if...Check box > User does not belong to usergroup >Dropdown (which I have for Paid subscribers).

I'll work on the other info you gave. Thanks so much again!

Paula

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...