X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scream And Fly
    • Jan 2004
    • 3.6.x

Quick question about Image Uploader

Hi all, I have a very quick question that I could use some help with.
    On my vBulletin 4 site, when a user clicks on the "Insert Image" button, they are presented with the window shown in my attached image. The "Upload File(s)" button just shows as text, though it IS a button and works as such, it appears as just text. That makes it less visible as a button that can be clicked.

Also, users can seemingly upload only one image at a time.

I came across this YouTube video (not mine) that shows what appears to be a vBulletin 4 site demonstrating the process of uploading images. The upload window in that video is different than mine, and I would MUCH prefer the way it looks in the window.

My question is - is my forum uploader the way it should be, or is the uploader depicted in the video correct, or is it a modification?

I would most appreciate any help here, since this would make uploading images easier for my members.

Thank you!

YouTube video:

• Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

The video uses the Flash uploader.

AdminCP > Settings > Options > Message Attachment Options > Asset Manager - Enable
    Set this to "Yes, Flash Upload by Default".
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

On a side note...Recently I noticed that Flash is disabled by default in Chrome. You have to allow Flash manually when it encounters Flash on a page. I think this is the start of slowly phasing out Flash in the future. Soon Flash will be the new IE.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Scream And Fly
        • Jan 2004
        • 3.6.x

Thank you so much guys, that answers everything perfectly. I really appreciate it. I suppose using the Flash uploader now would be foolish. Wish the AJAX uploader would function as the Flash one does but no big deal.
        On another note, I especially like the system in vBulletin 5. Great work on that!

Thank you,
        Greg

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...