X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saeed Fazlollahzadeh
    • Jul 2016
    • 5.2.x

The issue of changing language and style by Google

Hi, when I search a specific thing, like "The Best Person of Your Life" in google in site:mysite.com, some results are shown, but when I only click on a specific thread, it redirects me to another language and the mobile style.

For example, mysite.com/showthread.php?t=2099?langid=1styleid=2

Only when I click on this thread on google, it goes like this. But when I other links like mysite.com/member?u=2 or another thread like showthread.php?t=20980, both the language and style are defined ones.

I checked the DB and nothing is wrong with it.

In google webmasters, it says: Hacked type: Code injection
    If a Google evaluation determines that your site was hacked, or that it exhibits behavior that could potentially harm a visitor or their computer, the Security Issues report will show Google's finding

How can I fix it? Should I check JS files?

Thanks
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Not sure I understand the issue, I don't think this is evidence of your site being hacked. Someone could have a link somewhere to a specific style and language and that is what got indexed.

Comment

• Saeed Fazlollahzadeh
      • Jul 2016
      • 5.2.x

Thanks Joe

Let me explain more about the issue:

mysite.com

When I google for example "how to install vbulletin", it shows some results. When I click on only a specific result, it redirects to mysite.com/showthread?t=2099?langid=1styleid=2
      But when among those results I click on others, everything is OK with no problem.

Someone could have a link somewhere to a specific style and language and that is what got indexed
      What do you mean?
      Since I've seen that specific post and thread in phpmyadmin (post and thread tables) but nothing was wrong there.

I doubt why just one link is wrong, and all of the about 50K links are OK

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

This part of the URL - langid=1styleid=2

Tells the system to use the language with the ID of 1 (usually English). and the Style with the ID of 2. These then set cookies on your computer and those override whatever settings you previously had. The only way for Google to have that string in the index is if they are linked somewhere. Either on your site or on another site. However, it is default functionality that would be working as designed.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

I believe Google Webmaster Tools has a tool for dealing with URL Parameters (that is what style=2 and such are called) or also a link removal option that may be of use. Of course this is outside the scope of VB itself.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...