Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woodmj
    • Mar 2013

[Forum] Images & Permissions Messed Up Sometimes

Just wondered whether anyone else sometimes sees their images vanish and permissions messed up?

In 1 case I was in CMS and it suddenly said I had no administrator permissions to do anything but when I checked they were all still selected but just clicking update on the permissions screen restored them.

In another case all images vanished and no one could post anything to the forum through web interface saying posting wasn't allowed. Tapatalk was unaffected. A reboot seemed to restore things.

Been looking at my usergroups and all seems ok with no bogus admins or mods. Also been trawling through my logs and can't see anything suspicious. Just at a loss really as to what might be happening.

These issues have come up since upgrading from VB4.2.3 to VB4.2.4.

There was 1 oddity the other week too where in my ACP it said there was an upgrade to 4.2.4 available but I was already on 4.2.4. I did the upgrade anyway and then the notification went away.
  • woodmj
    • Mar 2013

postlog keeps coming out in error emails. Duplicate errors. If I clear the log the database error goes away but then it comes back again at some point.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Can't help without knowing the exact database errors that you're encountering.

Make sure you're using PHP 5.5.0 or higher as well.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• woodmj
        • Mar 2013

Below is the error I've been seeing. After clearing out postlog things seems to have calmed down but I don't want to talk too soon...
        Database error in vBulletin 4.2.4: Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO postlog (postid, useragent, ip, dateline) VALUES (417220, 'Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0', xxx, 1492781017); MySQL Error : Duplicate entry '417220' for key 'PRIMARY' Error Number : 1062 Request Date : Friday, April 21st 2017 @ 01:23:37 PM Error Date : Friday, April 21st 2017 @ 01:23:37 PM Script : http://xxx Referrer : http:xxx IP Address : xxx Username : xxx Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi MySQL Version :

Using PHP 5.5.9, mySQL 5.5.54, Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS, Apache/2.4.7.
        Last edited by woodmj; Fri 21 Apr '17, 11:50pm.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

The postid comes from the ID of the actual post that is made. It shouldn't duplicate What is the table structure of your postlog table? Use this query to see it:

Code:
          show create table postlog;
          Past the results here between [code] [/code] tags.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• woodmj
            • Mar 2013

Code:
            CREATE TABLE `postlog` ( `postid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `useragent` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `ip` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `dateline` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', PRIMARY KEY (`postid`), KEY `dateline` (`dateline`), KEY `ip` (`ip`) ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

That looks correct. If the errors are ongoing, you'll probably need to open a support ticket so someone can take an in-depth look at your database.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• woodmj
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                That looks correct. If the errors are ongoing, you'll probably need to open a support ticket so someone can take an in-depth look at your database.
                Ok, thanks, if it comes up again I'll raise a ticket.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...