X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sirius76
    • Feb 2012

Deprecated/Fatal errors and now website is completely down

Hi All,

Please forgive my ignorance. About 5 years ago I created a forum (deepskyforum.com) with vBulletin and basically set it to cruise control, just doing the occasional cosmetic change using the websites admincp. Sadly I'm still running 4.1 with the fear (and ignorance) of doing upgrades. Yesterday my website went down completely giving me a white screen. I called my host and they say it has to do with my site and NOT them. I've done some research and it appears it may have to do with an outdated version of vB and a newer version of PHP. (I've included a copy of my errors)

Anyone have any experience with such a problem? How can I go about getting this up and running. I'm sure I need to upgrade my version of vB, and I'm willing to do that, but what is involved? IS there a good step by step tutorial? Can I just simply upgrade to the newest version or do I have to upgrade thru intermediary versions first? And will upgrading resolve this issue? Sorry for all the questions but I fell in the trap of not doing routine maintenance and now I'm paying the price. Any help would be great GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks so much. Below are my errors.

-Dragan

****************************************************************************************** **************************************************************************

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; vB_Database has a deprecated constructor in /home7/deepskyf/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 81

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; vB_Datastore has a deprecated constructor in /home7/deepskyf/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1481

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; vB_Input_Cleaner has a deprecated constructor in /home7/deepskyf/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1819

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; vB_Registry has a deprecated constructor in /home7/deepskyf/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 3064

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; vB_Session has a deprecated constructor in /home7/deepskyf/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 3419

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home7/deepskyf/public_html/includes/class_core.php:315 Stack trace: #0 /home7/deepskyf/public_html/includes/class_core.php(280): vB_Database->db_connect('localhost', 3306, 'deepskyf_dragan', 'XXXXXXXXXXX', 0, '', '') #1 /home7/deepskyf/public_html/includes/init.php(188): vB_Database->connect('deepskyf_DSF', 'localhost', 3306, 'deepskyf_dragan', 'XXXXXXXXXXX', 0, '', 3306, '', '', 0, '', '') #2 /home7/deepskyf/public_html/includes/class_bootstrap.php(96): require_once('/home7/deepskyf...') #3 /home7/deepskyf/public_html/includes/class_bootstrap.php(64): vB_Bootstrap->init() #4 /home7/deepskyf/public_html/global.php(26): vB_Bootstrap->bootstrap() #5 /home7/deepskyf/public_html/forum.php(63): require_once('/home7/deepskyf...') #6 {main} thrown in /home7/deepskyf/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 315
  • Sirius76
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by willie53
    what version of php are you using now
    Hi Willie53

Comment

• Paul M
      Former Lead Developer
      vB.Com & vB.Org
      • Sep 2004

Those are all PHP 7 errors, so no, you are not using PHP 5.6.29, you have moved (or been moved) onto PHP 7.

If you cannot change that, then you need to upgrade to 4.2.5.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment