• blue7
    • Sep 2008
    • 4.2.x

Enabling Filecache Slow Down AdminCP

Hello,

When i uncomment this line from config.php

Code:
    $config['Datastore']['class'] = 'vB_Datastore_Filecache';
    AdminCP become extremely slow but rest of forum is ok, any idea why this is happening and how to solve it ?
  • Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org
    • Sep 2004

Dont uncomment it. Problem solved.
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

This would only be useful in some very specific circumstances. Using the filesystem shouldn't be used for most customers.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• blue7
        • Sep 2008
        • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Paul M
        Dont uncomment it. Problem solved.
        It makes forum faster with opcache. When i disable it there is an obvious performance decline. Seriously guys "dont uncomment it then problem solved" this is all you can say? This must be a joke right?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

We recommend that you use memcached for storing the datastore.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• William Thomas Jr
            • Nov 2014
            • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            We recommend that you use memcached for storing the datastore.
            Thank you, that was going to be my question as to whether that needed to be uncommented if using memcached.

Enjoy,
            William

Comment

• Paul M
              Former Lead Developer
              vB.Com & vB.Org
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by blue7

It makes forum faster with opcache. When i disable it there is an obvious performance decline. Seriously guys "dont uncomment it then problem solved" this is all you can say? This must be a joke right?
              No, its not a joke, you made a change which you apparently didnt understand, and complained it made the site slower.
              If you understood what you had done, you would know its probably going to slow the site down.
              Dont go making changes unless you understand what you are doing. That line, btw, has nothing to do with opcache, at all.

Thank you, that was going to be my question as to whether that needed to be uncommented if using memcached.
              Memcache will work, but its only really better if you run multiple web servers.
              For simple single server usage & vB3.8.11 & 4.2.5 - you are better off just using APCu,

Comment

• blue7
                • Sep 2008
                • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Paul M

No, its not a joke, you made a change which you apparently didnt understand, and complained it made the site slower.
                If you understood what you had done, you would know its probably going to slow the site down.
                Dont go making changes unless you understand what you are doing. That line, btw, has nothing to do with opcache, at all.

Memcache will work, but its only really better if you run multiple web servers.
                For simple single server usage & vB3.8.11 & 4.2.5 - you are better off just using APCu,
                You made a comment without reading and understanding it completely. Filecache didnt slown down my entire website actually it made the website much faster than it is. Just having issue with admincp thats all. I've asked if there is solution to solve admincp problem (like exclude admincp being to be cached by filecache or something else...) i didnt complained about it, dont be so rude.

Btw i've never claimed that filecache and opcache is somehow related to each other, i've just said they both together makes site faster.

If you think i did something without understanding it then please explain to me what is filecache for and what its side effects instead of choosing easy way just tell me "dont activate it". Your approach and answer is really so annoying. Wayne's answer was much better and friendly, if you dont know how to deal with your customers then just watch Wayne and people like him and learn something!
                Last edited by blue7; Thu 13 Apr '17, 4:41am.

Comment

• Paul M
                  Former Lead Developer
                  vB.Com & vB.Org
                  • Sep 2004

I understood your comment just fine, and I'm not really bothered if you like my answer or not, nor am I going to get into a debate about it.

Comment