Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mark99
    • Oct 2002

[Forum] vBulletin Cookie Domains - Beta Testing

I've installed a second copy of vBulletin 4.2.5 on my server to test PHP7 in the latest beta release but first I have a quick question.

My web host will only allow me to test PHP7 by setting it on a sub-domain of the site (I use to be able to call it from .htaccess and that was easy but they've stopped that). So since I have to use a different sub-domain of my site then what settings should I change in vB config to avoid conflicts and keep both forums separate?

I figure I need to change the "Forum URL" setting, obviously, but what about things like 'Cookie Domain'? At present this is blank but maybe I should use 'mysub.domain.co.uk' instead?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The easiest way to keep your sites separate is to use different cookie prefixes for each installation. You can edit these in the config.php for your software.

If that doesn't work for you, you can set the cookie domain on your subdomain to that subdomain under Settings -> Options -> Cookie and HTTP Header Options. Using the cookie prefix in your config.php is less messy.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...