X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • user 1-2-3
    • Oct 2002
    • 4.2.x

Vimeo video doesn't work in some browsers

I've inserted 2 video in one post: one from Youtube and another from Vimeo. Youtube works in all browsers, but Vimeo don't. This is details:

IE 11 doesn't show video at all. Nothing, just empty space.
    Firefox 52.0.1 (32-áèò) shows black screen with error saying try again later. Can't play video.
    Opera 43.0 - Ok.
    Google Chrome 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit) - Ok.

And yes, I've installed Adobe player plug-in.

Any idea how to fix this?
  • Rhodium
    • Sep 2005

Edit bbcode_video and replace vimeo part with:

<vb:elseif condition="$provider == 'vimeo'" />

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/{vb:raw code}?portrait=0" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Comment

• user 1-2-3
      • Oct 2002
      • 4.2.x

I didn't mention version number, sorry. I have vBulletin 4.2.3 Patch Level 2. There is no such template as bbcode_video in this version. :-(

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

You should have as I've just checked the default XML file that's loaded as part of the installation and upgrade scripts for 4.2.3 and that template is there... It can be found in the BB Code Templates grouping if you double click on that in the Style Manager > Edit Templates
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Paul M
          Former Lead Developer
          vB.Com & vB.Org
          • Sep 2004

bbcode_video is a somewhat unusual template, its dynamically built from the bbcode_video table, so any edits to it wont survive when its rebuilt again.
          Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• user 1-2-3
            • Oct 2002
            • 4.2.x

Yes, I found it and replace the code. Thank you everybody, who answered! After the replacement Firefox is able to play video, but in IE you can see black window with sign "Apologize This video is not available.".

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Vimeo will take your HTTP link and convert it to HTTPS if possible. IE probably doesn't like this. Unfortunately, we can't resolve this issue. The recommendation is to embed using HTTPS.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• user 1-2-3
                • Oct 2002
                • 4.2.x

Probably I should ask Vimeo. I've replaced the bbcode with the one they provide, but no success. The result is the same: black window.

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/{vb:raw code}" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• user 1-2-3
                  • Oct 2002
                  • 4.2.x

I've checked and found, that Vimeo code work just fine in IE if you set it in a simple HTML page. Why it doesn't work in vBulletin I don't know. The plain HTML looks the same as in a simple page where it work.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    • Aug 2000

This is what we use in vBulletin 5 -

Code:
                        <provider tagoption="vimeo">
                            <title>Vimeo</title>
                            <url>http://www.vimeo.com</url>
                            <regex_url><![CDATA[https?:\/\/(?:www\.)?vimeo\.com\/([0-9]+)]]></regex_url>
                            <regex_scrape></regex_scrape>
                            <embed><![CDATA[<object class="restrain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="<vb:if condition="isset($width) AND $width > 0">{vb:raw width}<vb:else />640</vb:if>" height="<vb:if condition="$height">{vb:raw height}<vb:else />360</vb:if>" data="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id={vb:raw code}&autoplay=1">
                        <param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id={vb:raw code}" />
                        <param name="wmode" value="{vb:raw vboptions.player_wmode}" />
                        </object>]]></embed>
                            <priority>-1</priority>
                        </provider>
                    This might be able to be modified to work in vB4. I wouldn't count on support for IE versions earlier than 10 though.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• user 1-2-3
                      • Oct 2002
                      • 4.2.x

I have IE 11 and I can't play your video posted here. I can see the picture, but when you press Play it's gone. This is the reason I'm on 4, not 5.

Actually no needed support for IE below 11. But 11 is a must have. It's the latest browser from MS in Windows 7, which is still about half of the market and much better than other MS OS. Not erveryone can install Chrome of Firefox. Some people even don't know what is it.

And that public will see the black screen. Not good.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        • Aug 2000

Interesting. I have no problem playing the video in IE 11 under Windows 10. Flash is enabled in the browser correct? That is what is being used in IE not HTML 5.

Edit: If I have flash disabled in IE 11 or Edge, clicking on the video causes it to disappear and the video does not play. Instructions to enable or disable Flash can be found here: https://www.howtogeek.com/222275/how...y-web-browser/

Please verify that Flash is enabled and see if you can play your video.
                        Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 21 Mar '17, 8:49am.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          • Aug 2000

Providing a link to the problematic video would also help if it doesn't play on your machine.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• user 1-2-3
                            • Oct 2002
                            • 4.2.x

Yes, you are right. It was a some kind of bug of IE, maybe because of overload. Now it shows video same way as its "brothers".

The good news is that now we know where to fix bbcodes, even in a MySQL table. Thanks again!

Comment