accented letters and emoji error in merge...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PhicaMaster
    • Aug 2005

accented letters and emoji error in merge...

Hi, after upgrade vbulletin to 4.2.4 i can't use emoji ( copy to emojipedia ) and if i merge thread with ùèàò i see pèùpèÃ*ùòiopùÃ*opùpùÃ*pÃ

Any can help me pls ?

THX!
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Open your AdminCP. Go to Languages & Phrases -> Language Manager. Select the Edit Settings link next to your language. Change the Character Set to UTF-8
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• PhicaMaster
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Open your AdminCP. Go to Languages & Phrases -> Language Manager. Select the Edit Settings link next to your language. Change the Character Set to UTF-8
      Hi, i set UTF-8 in Language Manager, and if i merge post i see accented letters ok, but now all accented letters in admin and forum i see �
      Now i try with ISO 8859-16 (for italy)......

Don't work with ISO 8859-16, quick reply don't work..
      Last edited by PhicaMaster; Thu 9 Mar '17, 10:33am.

Comment

• PhicaMaster
        • Aug 2005

Ok, i now use ISO-8859-16 (with -) and accented letters work in thread and if i merge some thread.

But don't work emoji i see ��

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

� is a UTF-8 character that cannot be rendered by the subset of characters you are using. UTF-8 isn't actually supported in vBulletin. What were the character set and collations used in the database that you merged from? Do you have mbstring and iconv installed in PHP?

The Emoji at the Emojipedia site require special emoji fonts to show the actual graphics. We've never supported that in vBulletin. In fact, I can't see the emoji on their version 5 page in Chrome because I don't have the proper font updates. http://emojipedia.org/emoji-5.0/

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• PhicaMaster
            • Aug 2005

� is a UTF-8 character that cannot be rendered by the subset of characters you are using. UTF-8 isn't actually supported in vBulletin. What were the character set and collations used in the database that you merged from? Do you have mbstring and iconv installed in PHP?
            uhmmm I send the request to my technicians ...

The Emoji at the Emojipedia site require special emoji fonts to show the actual graphics. We've never supported that in vBulletin. In fact, I can't see the emoji on their version 5 page in Chrome because I don't have the proper font updates. http://emojipedia.org/emoji-5.0/
            Before upgrading vbulletin, emoji on the forum they could be seen

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

You must have had some customization that loaded the required fonts. You should check to make sure it is still valid.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...