X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mscottralston
    • Jan 2014
    • 4.2.X

SQL errors after 4.2.3->4.2.4 upgrade

I'm getting hundreds of these! Our forums are closed for a few days -- I think they're getting so much traffic while closed that it's causing a problem, maybe. What should I do, empty/drop the 'session' table? Thanks for your help!

Database error in vBulletin 4.2.4:

Invalid SQL:

INSERT IGNORE INTO session
    (sessionhash, userid, host, idhash, lastactivity, location, styleid, languageid, loggedin, inforum, inthread, incalendar, badlocation, useragent, bypass, profileupdate, apiclientid, apiaccesstoken)
    VALUES
    ('a28f5569f68bcec13e19028fc7543e12', 0, '37.191.220.181', 'd47395e653e5b36f735d8434968f9e81', 1488636955, '/showthread.php?124587-Rules-for-sleeping-bed-rest', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2, 'Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 6.0.1; SM-G925F Build/MMB29K) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/55.0.2883.91 Mobile Safari/537.36', 0, 0, 0, '');

MySQL Error : The table 'session' is full
    Error Number : 1114
    Request Date : Saturday, March 4th 2017 @ 02:15:55 PM
    Error Date : Saturday, March 4th 2017 @ 02:15:56 PM
    Script : http://ourforums.com/showthread.php?124587-Rules-for-sleeping-bed-rest
    Referrer : https://www.google.no/
    IP Address : 37.191.220.181
    Username : Unregistered
    Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi
    MySQL Version :
  • mscottralston
    • Jan 2014
    • 4.2.X

And when people try to visit the forums, all they get is an error message. I need to bring the forums back up Monday morning -- what should I do? Thanks so much!
    This site can’t be reached

The webpage at http://ourforums.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED

I can get to the admincp login page, but when I try to log in, it fails again.

Comment

• mscottralston
      • Jan 2014
      • 4.2.X

Following instructions in https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...-table-is-full I truncated the sessions table and got back in. I checked the footer code, though, and the cron link is there (it looks something like http://ourforums.com/cron.php?rand=1488655030). What should I do to prevent this from happening again?

Comment

• Paul M
        Former Lead Developer
        vB.Com & vB.Org
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by mscottralston
        What should I do, empty/drop the 'session' table? Thanks for your help!
        Well you definitely dont drop it, unless you want to break your forum - empty (truncate) it was the right choice.
        Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• mscottralston
          • Jan 2014
          • 4.2.X

Yeah, thanks!

Could it be a permissions issue? I had to do the 4.2.4 upgrade at the command line, and I did it as root like a moron. Afterwards I chowned everything to the forums user/group, and I also panicked and chmoded everything 775, but... I am not sure still if this happened because cron broke or because of just sheer mad traffic while closed.

Is there a good way to verify that cron is running normally?

Comment

• Paul M
            Former Lead Developer
            vB.Com & vB.Org
            • Sep 2004

Just look at the logs for scheduled tasks in the ACP.

Comment

• mscottralston
              • Jan 2014
              • 4.2.X

Last entry is from 3/1, so I guess the upgrade broke it... The Scheduled Task Manager also has all the 'next times' set to 3/1, so I guess it isn't incrementing properly somehow. When I hit manual 'Run' on each task I don't get any errors, they claim to run all right, and the ones that should show up in the log, do.

I tried re-saving the scheduled tasks to update their 'next time' (which worked), and then watching the clock, and indeed, they aren't being triggered to run by cron.

What's really weirding me out is that now when, just to double check, I revisited "look for {vb:raw cronimage} in the footer" by viewing the page source, I didn't see it. Baffled, I reloaded the page, and it reappeared (one doesn't see {vb:raw cronimage} in the page source code, one sees the cron link, but nonetheless, one minute it was gone and then it was back). This happened again after I messed with scheduled tasks in the ACP; the cron image link vanished, and then a few minutes later, it reappeared (almost as though something is working on a timer, just not... the scheduled tasks...)

It occurred to me that it could be some relatively recently installed plugins at work, so I tried disabling them, didn't fix it; completely uninstalling them didn't fix it either.

As a final experiment, I tried /going/ to the cron link (eg, http://ourforums.com/cron.php?rand=1488777323) and took me to the front page in a logged out state. I'm not sure what that means, if anything.

I haven't manually edited our theme at all since this problem began (or ever -- I don't know where to begin on re-inserting {vb:raw cronimage} into footer code but would happily take direction if you tell me which file in the installation should have it).

What should I do? Does cron.php need to be 777 or something? Who should own the files in includes/cron, and what permissions should they be?

Or am I just a complete idiot and is everything working correctly because my vbulletin forums have been turned "off" since 3/1? Does the cron code care about that?
              Last edited by mscottralston; Sun 5 Mar '17, 9:02pm.

Comment

• Paul M
                Former Lead Developer
                vB.Com & vB.Org
                • Sep 2004

Its entirely possible that turning the forum off will stop them running.

Comment

• mscottralston
                  • Jan 2014
                  • 4.2.X

Yep, that's exactly what happened. Turns out cron doesn't run while the forums are marked 'off' in settings; it came straight back to work once I marked it back 'on'. Thanks for your help!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...