Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FourTwenty
    • Aug 2005
    • 4.1.x

Gee, don't remember demanding anything, thought I was being rather polite with my request actually. Sorry to ruffle your feathers there man.

I'll submit a support ticket with my programmer and systems admin to see what we can discover, then get back to you if needed.

Thank you

Comment

• Paul M
      Former Lead Developer
      vB.Com & vB.Org
      • Sep 2004

Two things ;

1. The cron only processes members who have visited since it last ran, unless you run it manually from within the ACP, then it attempts to processes them all.

2. The fact its stopped at 4004 after you manually ran it suggests that only 4004 members actually fit the settings for the promotion.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by FourTwenty
        Gee, don't remember demanding anything, thought I was being rather polite with my request actually. Sorry to ruffle your feathers there man.

I'll submit a support ticket with my programmer and systems admin to see what we can discover, then get back to you if needed.

Thank you
        Just trying to be realistic -you asked twice for 'more vB techs' and I'm just trying to be clear on the fact that the only answers are in this thread - it's server resources that is your blocker.

I guess the issue is the promotions system was probably not intended for mass migrations of 130,000 users like that. Once the main bulk is done, there shouldn't be any issues.

I daresay a query could be written to achieve it but we don't support that - and anyway you'd run into exactly the same issue, it would time out.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• FourTwenty
          • Aug 2005
          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Paul M
          Two things ;

1. The cron only processes members who have visited since it last ran, unless you run it manually from within the ACP, then it attempts to processes them all.

2. The fact its stopped at 4004 after you manually ran it suggests that only 4004 members actually fit the settings for the promotion.
          - This supports my theory I stated before, thank you.

- I seriously hope that's not true, however it does make sense. We won't rule it out until we search for some members in the 126,000 left in registered, that have more than 50 posts.

Thank you very much Paul, this is why I was asking for a different perspective.

Comment

• FourTwenty
            • Aug 2005
            • 4.1.x

After checking a hundred pages of members in the registered usergroup, it appears that you were right Paul.

Thanks again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...