Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FourTwenty
    • Aug 2005
    • 4.1.x

Now it's got 135 of them moved total to Established, at this rate, it will take a decade. lol

Why is it only processing a few members each hour?

Comment

• FourTwenty
      • Aug 2005
      • 4.1.x

Now it's at 208 moved to the new usergroup.

Is it only moving once they login, if so that won't work for us, because that means when I remove the poll voting ability from registered, everyone who logs in to vote, won't be able to vote for up to an hour before the scheduled task processes. This will create a lot of extra communications to and from my staff.

Or could it possibly be another scheduled task cutting it off each time?

There must be a way to star the process manually and have it go through the entire database in one shot, right?

Once I can get that done, I can remove the voting in polls. Am hoping to also use this for private messages, removing yet another plugin.

Thanks guys and gals.

Comment

• FourTwenty
        • Aug 2005
        • 4.1.x

Now it's at 366, out of 130,000.

Can you guys please help me figure this out?

Thank you.

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

You could try starting the scheduled task manually, it's called 'User Promotions'. You can run it in AdminCP > Scheduled Tasks
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• FourTwenty
            • Aug 2005
            • 4.1.x

I did it once and now I'm up to 4004 out of 130,000

How do we figure out why it's stopping, can you bring someone else in to assess with us?

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by FourTwenty
              I did it once and now I'm up to 4004 out of 130,000

How do we figure out why it's stopping, can you bring someone else in to assess with us?
              It's probably too much for the server in one go as it's such a large number. There isn't anything you can do from a vBulletin perspective. If it has genuinely stalled (as opposed to just processing them slowly), then keep running it manually.

It's important to understand that 130,000 is a *lot* of users, and you're not going to be able to process them all instantly at the touch of a button.

Once the initial processing is done, it will be a much smaller number every hour when the task runs, and you shouldn't have any issues.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------

Comment

• FourTwenty
                • Aug 2005
                • 4.1.x

Sorry Mark, but that's not going to work.

I keep doing the process over and over, yet it's not moving, still stuck at 4004

It only worked the first time I ran it automatically.

I can't sit here for 3 months, trying to get this thing to run 420 times a day, it's simply not possible.

Can I please get some more VB techs to read my reports in this ticket and help me figure this out?

Thank you.

Comment

• FourTwenty
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 4.1.x

If someone could confirm that it only moves them every hour, once the member is logged in, that might solve the mystery, however not resolve the problem.

I know Mark is a well experienced tech here with almost 20,000 posts, however we're all human and learn something new every day.

Hoping someone can save the day here, while I'm stuck halfway through this process with my entire community hanging.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by FourTwenty
                    Now it's got 135 of them moved total to Established, at this rate, it will take a decade. lol

Why is it only processing a few members each hour?
                    You can process the scheduled event manually in the AdminCP under Scheduled Tasks -> Scheduled Task Manager. Click the Run Now button.

Scheduled tasks are based on traffic to your page. It doesn't have to be the specific user. They are designed to be lightweight so they don't affect load times adversely.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• FourTwenty
                      • Aug 2005
                      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke

You can process the scheduled event manually in the AdminCP under Scheduled Tasks -> Scheduled Task Manager. Click the Run Now button.

Scheduled tasks are based on traffic to your page. It doesn't have to be the specific user. They are designed to be lightweight so they don't affect load times adversely.
                      Already did this several times Wayne, please read the thread again. Thank you

Comment

• FourTwenty
                        • Aug 2005
                        • 4.1.x

Just tried it again, still stuck on 4004

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                          • Aug 2000

If you don't want to use the Mass Move functionality, then you will need to keep running the process until they are all moved through the promotion functionality. There is no other way to speed it up.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• FourTwenty
                            • Aug 2005
                            • 4.1.x

We're not on the same page here it seems, let me try to get us there.

How is Mass Move going to determine which of these profiles has more than 50 posts?

You guys guided me to do it through promotions from the beginning, what am I missing?

Comment

• FourTwenty
                              • Aug 2005
                              • 4.1.x

Where is Mass Move, so I can see if it has a setting for moving members with more than 50 posts?

Comment

• Mark.B
                                vBulletin Support
                                • Feb 2004
                                • 6.0.X

Firstly, please stop demanding 'more vB techs' - if there was a magic answer to this we'd have provided it already. As both Wayne and I have stated, what you're wanting to do is hugely demanding on server resources - there is no magic button that will do it for you, nor is there some mysterious little-known function that someone else in the support team will come up with. It is mass move, or promotions (or go through the list manually) - that is it.

Mass Move is in AdminCP > Users > Prune / Move Users
                                You can only really do that in reverse though....search for people with less than 50 posts.
                                So you could move everybody to a new usergroup, then move the less than 50 posts ones back.
                                However, it's still going to be server intensive and if the promotion cron is timing out (which it appears to be) then the mass move certainly will.

I would suggest it may be worth speaking to your hosts and getting them to check the server error logs to see if anything occurs at the times you run the cron - it is likely the server is hitting some sort of limit and blocking the script. Your hosts may be able to increase the resources temporarily while you run the cron.
                                MARK.B
                                vBulletin Support
                                ------------

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...