X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vpcarrocci
    • Mar 2011
    • 4.2.x

[Forum] Attachement Interface Not Working Properly - vB4.2.3_PL2

I have discovered that the attachment interface on my forum is not working properly. When using the full WYSIWYG editor, clicking on the "Manage Attachments" button in the Additional Options section opens a new window but the window is blank. Here are the steps I have taken so far in attempting to diagnose the problem:

* I have double checked my Message Attachment Options in the AdminCP > Settings > Options section. Everything there appears to be in order.
    * I thought the attachment.php & attachmentpermission.php files might be corrupted so I uploaded/replaced them in my "admincp" file. No change to problem.
    * I had renamed by AdminCP folder for security so I changed it back to "admincp". No change to problem.
    * I disabled all products and plugins. No change to problem.
    * I checked to see if the problem is isolated to a single forum/subforum. It is not.
    * I checked to see if the problem is isolated to any particular usergroup. It is not.
    * I checked to see if the problem is isolated to a particular browser. It is not.

I'm stumped. Does anyone have any ideas on what might be going on here?

Thanks!
    Ladies & Gentleman, take my advice:
    Pull down your pants and slide on the ice!
    www.grandcanyonstatebbq.com
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

What version of php is the server running?
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• vpcarrocci
      • Mar 2011
      • 4.2.x

I'm away from my computer right now so I can't double check but I am 99% certain that it is running php 5.4.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Ok, assuming that's the case the next step is to disable hooks:

1. To disable the plugin/hook system completely, edit includes/config.php and add the following code:
        Just below
        Code:
        <?php
        enter
        Code:
        define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
        2. Now go to AdminCP > Style Manager
        and create a new style with no parent.
        Now browse your forum using this new style.

Do you still have the same problem?
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• vpcarrocci
          • Mar 2011
          • 4.2.x

Thank you. I'll give this a try when I get back to my computer.

Would it make a difference if I were to change to PHP 5.5 or 5.6? I believe both are available on my server.

Comment

• vpcarrocci
            • Mar 2011
            • 4.2.x

OK, I'm back at my computer and have determined that my server running php 5.4 and that is also listed as the latest stable version on the server although 5.5 and 5.6 are available as choices.

As for the attachment manager, you mentioning using a different style prompted me to test one of the other styles I have on my site, (but not one I make available to my users), and see if the attachments manager works before editing includes/config.php file. The answer is that it does work in the stock "Basic" style that is part of vB4 without the edits.

I have also tried disabling the hooks as requested and it did not solve the problem in my custom style, which has no parent style. As I said above, the problem does not exist in the stock vB styles.
            Last edited by vpcarrocci; Mon 6 Feb '17, 3:43pm.

Comment

• vpcarrocci
              • Mar 2011
              • 4.2.x

UPDATE...

The source of the problem has been discovered and repaired. I was able to enlist the help of another site owner who I hired in 2015 to work with me on a major software upgrade. He goes by RichieBoy67 here and at vbulletin.org. He suggested the same process of disabling the hooks and, when that wasn't the problem, moved on to the headincludes file. As it turns out, a good portion of the javascript was missing as well as a few other lines of code when compared to the corresponding file on my test site.

The live site file was corrected and everything is now working as designed.

Thanks, Mark, for your help and to my amigo, RichieBoy67, for the great support!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...