downgrading from 4.2.5 beta 1 to 4.2.3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

downgrading from 4.2.5 beta 1 to 4.2.3

I upgraded my site from 4.2.3 latest version to the 4.2.5 beta 1 to see if I could run php7 but I couldn't ... also running 4.2.5 has stopped 3 key mods from working, as such how do I downgrade?

Is it just a matter of updating the file again with version 4.2.3 / overwriting the ones I uploaded during the upgrade scrip ?

Thanks for help in advance
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

The only way to downgrade is to restore the database from the backup you took before the upgrade and then upload the older files.

Obviously, you will lose any members and content added since the backup.

Also, the most likely reason for the modifications breaking will be their lack of compatibility with php7, not changes in vBulleitn.

Your best bet is probably to stick with 4.2.5, but run php 5.6 so your modifications don't break.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

Hi Mark

Thanks... I am running php 5.6 but, the issue is with 2 mods not working.

I can roll everything back but then I can't upgrade the apps as it needs 4.2.5 ...

Comment

• Paul M
        Former Lead Developer
        vB.Com & vB.Org
        • Sep 2004

I'm curious why the two mods dont work, what exactly fails ?
        There *are* some specific changes for php7 in 4.2.5 that can break older code, just wondering if thats the case here.

Also, I understand why support always post that standard advice, but actually, its not really true in this case.
        If you are running php 5.6 you could (re)upload the 4.2.4 files (rather than 4.2.3) - they dont have the php7 specific changes which are likely causing you mod issues.
        Baby, I was born this way

Comment