Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gatewaycobraclub
    • Dec 2015

Article notification to forum

I am new to the vBulletin world and struggling with the CMS section of vers. 4.2.3 Please accept this newbie and questions that I am unable to find a solution to. They may be buried in the forum or the manual but Google and the vB search engine hasn't ferreted them out.

The majority of our use is the forum. We maintain the CMS side for the landing pages and various "articles"

We are trying to link a "New Article" to a post on the forums, ie, when a new article is posted, we'd like to automatically publish a thread in a given forum, generating a link to that article. Our guys don't typically browse the landing pages and we need them to know something has been posted there.

I've used both search methods and can't find any information for this. I suspect it is just a mix-up of search terms since the various words are pretty common (CMS article link thread post)

Can anyone point me in the right direction to accomplish this.

TIA

Paul
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Easiest way:

AdminCP > Settings > Options > Content Management

You have the option to set a forum for comments. Set this to the forum you wish to have the post made in and when a new article is published, a post will be made in that forum. Replies to that thread will also show as comments on the article and vice versa
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• gatewaycobraclub
      • Dec 2015

Thanks, Trevor. I see the option, and one of the default forums is vBCms Comments. I enable this, and also went to the properties of that forum and enabled it, but it doesn't show in our list of forums. Did I miss something? Is there any documentation on this?

Paul

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

By default, that forum is hidden - you can unhide and rename it via:

AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Forum Manager

Set the Display Order value to anything other than 0 to unhide it.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...