X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saeed Fazlollahzadeh
    • Jul 2016
    • 5.2.x

How to change thread starter in phpmyadmin

Hi, I want to know whether there's a way to change thread starter in phpmyadmin.
    I changed variables in "thread" table, but did not work.
    Also I have used a product, but it just changes starter visually, not in database, so I disabled it.
    Is it possible to both change starter by editing something in somewhere, and also that thread be counted as the new user's thread in his/her profile?
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

This is not something we support or recommend even attempting. While we don't endorse any 3rd party products I'd say you're much better off using this modification - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=245183 - but it is at your own risk.

Likely if you already made edits to the thread table you need to run the "Rebuild Threads" tool in Admin CP -> Maintenance -> General Update Tools before you will see any changes. It wouldn't hurt to clear the cache as well.

Comment

• Saeed Fazlollahzadeh
      • Jul 2016
      • 5.2.x

Thanks Joe
      I used this mod and one another, but it visually changes thread owner. And there are some mistakes in users's Activity's thread's links in his Profile when owner is changed by this mod and another.
      Also after editing thread table, I did Rebuild Threads as you said, but it reverts back every changes I've done in phpmyadmin (I changed firstpostid, lastpostid, postusername, postuserid, lastposter, lastposterid). My user is Saeed and its ID is 1, so I changed only these variables, and after doing rebuild, it has reverted back every changes I've done in these parts.
      Did I make any mistakes?

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Can cannot edit just the thread table. There is the post table also. And, attachment and filedata. Several tables need to be edited to change the thread owner.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

If the issue with using the mod was with the Activity Stream links there is an option to Rebuild Activity Stream under General Update Tools in Admin CP that might fix that after you make a change.

Comment

• Saeed Fazlollahzadeh
            • Jul 2016
            • 5.2.x

In my local, I edited the relevant tables, and have done rebuild, but still no changes have been seen!
            There's just a post and a thread, no attaches or anything else

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

*Exactly* which fields are you editing? And if you are caching your posts, I believe the posthash table needs to be modified too. I'm not sure about any search tables, so you may want to look into that too. If I were you, I'd go to vbulletin.org, the modification site, and download one of the modifications that does this and look at what fields it updates.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                • Jul 2008

The postparsed table holds cached copies of posts. Truncating that table will allow the post to be reloaded from the post table.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...