Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6988 Warning: session_start(): Cannot .

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HugoRoger
    • Nov 2012

Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6988 Warning: session_start(): Cannot .

Hi everyone,

So my VPS recently upgraded to the latest version of PHP and MySQL and vbulleting was giving loads of erros including the one where I have to change my type of database to 'mysqli'.

Now that's done its loading again but returning erros:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6988

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5615) in [path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37
    Melhor Forum de Marketing na Internet em Português
    www.iforumelite.com

Also gives the error:

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
    File: /home/workinh8/public_html/iforumelite/includes/class_core.php
    Line: 5615

So I searched through the forums and online and read that downgrading PHP would resolve it so I downgraded and these are my current settings:
    Default PHP Version (.php files) 5
    PHP 5 Handler fcgi
    Suexec on
    ADMIN Log in page send me to:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6988

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5615) in [path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5615) in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4513

Build a community website with the leading forum software, vBulletin 5 Connect, or in the cloud on vB Cloud!
    Trying to make a living while helping others! www.beingled.com
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

The forum on your license is running 4.2.0. This is only compatible with php 5.3.

If you are running php 5.5 or 5.6, you will need to upgrade to vB 4.2.3.
    If you are running php 7, then at present there is no stable release of vBulletin 4 that is compatible, however there is an alpha - 4.2.5 - which adds this capability.

At present, the advice for vB4 is to upgrade to 4.2.3 and run php 5.6 until the 4.2.5 at least gets into beta, then it should be ok to use.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• HugoRoger
      • Nov 2012

Thanks! I downgraded the php and it worked.
      Trying to make a living while helping others! www.beingled.com

Comment