This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The only setting would be to turn off the Richtext Editor. Probably won't have the result you're looking for though as users will have to manually type in their formatting options.

Leave a comment:

• Chris27
    replied
    I only have this issue when using Reply With Quote. Is there a system wide setting I can use as a workaround? I'd hate to somehow as all my users to make a change.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Just to manage expectations - this is almost certainly an incompatibility between new versions of Chrome and the now quite old version of CKEditor that vBulletin 4 uses as its message editor.

There is no development work on vB4 now, as it is not the current product. The only work being done is php compatibility, any security issues that come up, and a handful of very minor bug fixes. Development work is focused on vB5.

Replacing the version of CKEditor in vB4 would be a major undertaking, requiring months of developer and QA time. I'm afraid that is not likely to happen.

Probably the best bet for any users affected is to get them to switch to the text-only editor ('source mode) instead of the WYSIWYG. They can do this in their user settings.

Leave a comment:

• Technidev
    replied
    Having the same problem on my forum with the latest vBulletin (4.2.3 PL2) and Chrome (54.0.2840.71 m) version.
    It's affecting quite some users so it would be weird if vBulletin puts this on low priority.

Leave a comment:

• blue7
    replied
    I am having same issue 4.2.3 Patch Level 2 and Chrome 64 Bit latest version.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Most likely issue is the older version of CKEditor in vBulletin 4. Unfortunately, there are no plans to update this at this time. However, I will bring it up to the developers.

Leave a comment:

• Scream And Fly
    replied
    Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
    If I copy a text (with or without space) to clipboard then paste it into the editor below the quoted text, then space bar works. But if you just type, the space bar does not work.
    Fantastic, thank you Glenn!

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    If I move the cursor back in the middle of the text I typed and press space bar, it works. But if the cursor is at the end of the text, it doesn't work. It looks like the editor is trimming the entered text at the end which causes the space bar to appear not to work.

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    If I copy a text (with or without space) to clipboard then paste it into the editor below the quoted text, then space bar works. But if you just type, the space bar does not work.

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    I was able to reproduce the issue now in your site Scream And Fly. This must be a Chrome and CKEditor issue.

Leave a comment:

• Scream And Fly
    replied
    I have the very same issue. VB Version 4.2.3, Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 - both 64-bit, Chrome 64-bit Version 54.0.2840.59 m (64-bit)

Since upgrading to the latest Chrome version, I cannot use the space bar under the following circumstances:

When using Quick Reply, and the cursor is positioned right BELOW the quoted text. The spacebar does not work. If you re-position the spacebar above the quoted text, the spacebar will work. To reproduce the issue, you must use Quick Reply.

Also, if you go to Advanced Mode on the reply, the spacebar works. I have verified this on three computers. It is definitely from the latest Chrome update.

The problem does not exist when using Internet Explorer.
    Last edited by Scream And Fly; Wed 19 Oct '16, 3:02pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You can turn off the remote loading of Javascript libraries in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options.

Leave a comment:

• Dave B
    replied
    Same issue,

A Parser-blocking, cross-origin script, http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs...n-min.js?v=422, is invoked via document.write. This may be blocked by the browser if the device has poor network connectivity.

A Parser-blocking, cross-origin script, http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs...n-min.js?v=422, is invoked via document.write. This may be blocked by the browser if the device has poor network connectivity.

Since chrome 53 they want any thing that invokes document write to either be async or served from the same server.

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    Any addons installed?

Leave a comment:

• man1c
    replied
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Leave a comment: