This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hilary
    replied
    Just adding in that a few of our users have also reported this issue.

Hopefully Chrome will fix whatever they have changed that is causing the issue and things can go back to normal.

It's certainly a strange set of circumstances that are need to replicate the issue.

Leave a comment:

• Ramjet
    replied
    I just noticed that the "standard editor" seems to work fine. It might be a good compromise, b/c it still allows folks who are used to the wysiwyg editor to have buttons for "bold", etc, and to use shortcuts like "ctrl+b".

I thought I saw a post that showed how we could force an editor change for every user, but I don't see it now...

EDIT TO ADD: Settings --> Options --> Message Posting Interface Options... Then, change "Full Editor", "Quick Reply", and "Quick Edit" dropdowns to "Enable Standard Controls" seems to produce the desired effect of globally disabling the wysiwyg editor for all users, and offering the standard editor and basic editor as options.
    Last edited by Ramjet; Mon 31 Oct '16, 8:31am.

Leave a comment:

• man1c
    replied
    I've not been able to replicate, but I had a few posts reported that were just walls of text, but when you clicked edit the linebreaks/formatting was showing fine in wysywig edit mode but not once saved.

I'll have a play around later on my test board and see if I can find steps to replicate.

Leave a comment:

• Ramjet
    replied
    Originally posted by man1c
    That fixed the Chrome space bar issue but seems to be causing problems with linebreak spacing in new posts.
    What issues have you noticed?

I did notice that (at least in chrome) there are some issues creating a new line if you've used bold, italics, or underline for example... If you press enter to create a new line, it will move the line of text you just typed down to that new line, and place the cursor at the beginning of that line... But, this actually seems to happen with or without the above mentioned "fix". I never even realized this issue before.

Leave a comment:

• man1c
    replied
    That fixed the Chrome space bar issue but seems to be causing problems with linebreak spacing in new posts.

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    commented on 's reply
    Please log it then.

• motd2
    commented on 's reply
    Of course, I checked.

• Paul M
    replied
    Are you suggesting that fixes the issue ?

Leave a comment:

• motd2
    replied
    template: editor_contents.css
    add a line
    white-space: pre-wrap;
    Code:
    body,
    body.content {
        font: {vb:stylevar content_msg_font};
        color: {vb:stylevar editor_text_color};
        background:{vb:stylevar editor_background};
        margin:0px;
        padding:8px;
    [COLOR=#FF0000]white-space: pre-wrap;[/COLOR]
    }

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    Originally posted by sHORTYWZ
    To add to the discussion, the exact error/feature causing this via Chrome:

Code:
    VM121 ckeditor.js?t=A7HG4HT&v=422:5 Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check [URL]https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/[/URL].
    Thats just a warning and has existed for a long time, its not likely to be related.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by dirkji
    I'm having the same issue on my forum...
    There's nothing to add to what has already been posted. vBulletin cannot do anything to fix this.

I would recommend trying it in source mode and see if it works ok then. If it does, you can run a query to set everybody's editor to source mode.

Leave a comment:

• dirkji
    replied
    I'm having the same issue on my forum...

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    Originally posted by sHORTYWZ

Code:
    VM121 ckeditor.js?t=A7HG4HT&v=422:5 Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check [URL]https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/[/URL].
    I don't think that's the cause of the issue. That's only a warning for using the deprecated non-async ajax calls that also occurs in vB5. That happens not only in ckeditor.js but anywhere async: false is used in ajax calls.

Leave a comment:

• sHORTYWZ
    replied

Code:

Leave a comment:

• Chris27
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    The only setting would be to turn off the Richtext Editor. Probably won't have the result you're looking for though as users will have to manually type in their formatting options.
    OK thanks Wayne.

Leave a comment: