X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul M
    replied
    Originally posted by sticky
    It's always amusing how the Vbulletin staff never seems to be able to replicate issues everyone else has.
    How is it amusing ?

Leave a comment:

• dwwright
    replied
    I've found it only happens when I'm quoting another user's post. If enter is hit first, then the issue stops.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by sticky

Same here.

It's always amusing how the Vbulletin staff never seems to be able to replicate issues everyone else has.
    At least two of us have said we can. What difference do you think that makes though? The support staff are not the development team and cannot make alterations to the software.

It's an incompatibility in the old version of CKEditor that vB4 uses. That is not going to be updated because it would require months of work. Development work is focused on vB5, and this issue will not occur on vB5.

The best workaround in vB4 is to switch people to the standard (non-WYSIWYG) editor. That was already the situation for IE11 users as there were often issues with it there. It will work fine using the standard editor.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by andryus
    I am getting the same issue with the latest chrome update ( 54.0.2840.87 m )
    Same here.

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    Originally posted by Scream And Fly
    Hi all, the latest update to Chrome (11/6) corrects this issue. I have updated three computers and tested it and it seems to be 100% fixed. I am using 64-bit Chrome.
    Version 54.0.2840.87 m
    Does not seem to be true for me either. Be sure to clear your browser's cache if you had applied the earlier CSS "fix" in this topic.

Leave a comment:

• man1c
    commented on 's reply
    Yep, me too.

• andryus
    replied
    I am getting the same issue with the latest chrome update ( 54.0.2840.87 m )

Leave a comment:

• Scream And Fly
    replied
    Hi all, the latest update to Chrome (11/6) corrects this issue. I have updated three computers and tested it and it seems to be 100% fixed. I am using 64-bit Chrome.
    Version 54.0.2840.87 m

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    ​​​I heard that the next Chrome update fixes this issue. I have not confirmed this but you may want to check it out.

Leave a comment:

• man1c
    replied
    I've just noticed my fix only works on my site with quick edit turned off.

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    Originally posted by man1c
    I've been playing with this myself this morning and I seem to have it working correctly on my site without any spacing issues.

I added the following to the end of editor_contents.css

Code:
    @supports (-webkit-appearance:none) {
    body.forum {white-space: pre-wrap;}
    }
    Chrome spacebar now works and the line spacing issues have gone, it's only been live for a few hours so I don't yet know if there are any side effects that I've not noticed, but so far so good.
    That is still adding a blank line between each line of quoted text in my quick reply editor, but if it works for you/others it's still a nice find.
    Last edited by BirdOPrey5; Sat 5 Nov '16, 4:36am.

Leave a comment:

• man1c
    replied
    I've been playing with this myself this morning and I seem to have it working correctly on my site without any spacing issues.

I added the following to the end of editor_contents.css

Code:
    @supports (-webkit-appearance:none) {
    body.forum {white-space: pre-wrap;}
    }
    Chrome spacebar now works and the line spacing issues have gone, it's only been live for a few hours so I don't yet know if there are any side effects that I've not noticed, but so far so good.

Edit - Quick edit also needs to be switched off.
    Last edited by man1c; Sat 5 Nov '16, 4:55am.

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    I spent some time on this yesterday looking for a better fix (as the previous CSS edit was causing issues with additional blank lines in the editor) and while I could not find a true fix I did notice simply pressing the Enter key allowed the space bar to work again.

So I created a simple add-on that will display a notice when a user is using the Chrome browser and they have the Enhanced WYSIWYG editor enabled. It's not a true fix but in my opinion better than any other current option.

It can be downloaded from vBulletin.org: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=323807

If I come across a better fix I will update it.

The notice text is a phrase so it is easily edited or translated.

Click image for larger version  Name:	chrome_browser_warn_ss.jpg Views:	1 Size:	131.4 KB ID:	4358633

Leave a comment:

• jscherbel
    replied
    Just piggybacking in on this as well with a reply so I can keep track of any enhancements made to Chrome (as it sounds like VB4 won't be updated). My users reported this issue also. I've made the updates suggested by Ramjet and am hoping for the best. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• supra10
    replied
    Has been happening for a few days for me as well. However, it only seems to happen when quoted text is used. For regular replies without quoted text, it works fine!

Why would this only happen when text is quoted?

Leave a comment: