• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stuarttunstall
    • Feb 2004
    • 4.2.X

Reset all users passwords

Hi

I had an issue were the site was compromised last week, as far as I know they added two files which I have now removed, and done as much blocking as I can think of ...

From the logs in vBullertin it seems all that was accessed was 3 accounts, all mine and all admin accounts, 2 of which are now removed.. .

I would like to reset ALL MEMBERS passwords just to be safe, can this be done?

Stuart
  • stuarttunstall
    • Feb 2004
    • 4.2.X

Any ideas if this is possible?

Stuart

Comment

• Paul M
      Former Lead Developer
      vB.Com & vB.Org
      • Sep 2004

Programming type questions should really be asked on vbulletin.org
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• stuarttunstall
        • Feb 2004
        • 4.2.X

I would have thought this was a feature of vBulletin for security reasons, not an addition that needs coding..

After over 10 years as a vB user I am fast loosing faith in the software, maybe time to look at moving...

Thanks anyway I will look elsewhere for an answer/solution

Comment

• man1c
          • Apr 2005
          • 3.8.x

I did it when I imported from XF to vb4 and the import script left all passwords blank, I used one of the scripts on this page - https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/show...t=61915&page=2 it reset the passwords and emailed the users, it was a few years back so I don't remember much else other than it used a standard vbulletin password reset email and that confused some of the members why they were getting it, so if you do use this then have a look though and maybe change the email text phrase to something relevant while you perform the reset.

Comment

• Paul M
            Former Lead Developer
            vB.Com & vB.Org
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by stuarttunstall
            I would have thought this was a feature of vBulletin for security reasons, not an addition that needs coding..
            Its not something core software needs, I know of no other forum software that provides such a feature by default.

After over 10 years as a vB user I am fast loosing faith in the software, maybe time to look at moving...
            Really ? Your losing faith because it doesnt provide one really obscure option.
            Your choice, I wish you luck in finding other forum software that provides this option.
            (Also seems a rather extreme measure just to reset passwords, but hey).

Thanks anyway I will look elsewhere for an answer/solution
            I already mentioned you should ask this on vb.org (above) closing this then.
            Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...