Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmx07
    • Oct 2013
    • 4.2.X

Thanks Paul. Image verification with reCAPTCHA still doesn't work and gives me the following error: "Image verification could not be verified due to server issues"

Comment

• IgorGabrielan63
      • Feb 2017
      • 4.2.x

I now have version 4.2.0 . How to upgrade to version 4.2.5 Beta 2?
      One leap? Or through an intermediate version?
      Can I buy on your site professional installation services?

Comment

• Paul M
        Former Lead Developer
        vB.Com & vB.Org
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by dmx07
        Thanks Paul. Image verification with reCAPTCHA still doesn't work and gives me the following error: "Image verification could not be verified due to server issues"
        There are no reCaptcha errors I'm aware of, and no one else has reported anything (nor have you ? I dont see any Jiras logged).

Originally posted by IgorGabrielan63
        I now have version 4.2.0 . How to upgrade to version 4.2.5 Beta 2?
        One leap? Or through an intermediate version?
        Can I buy on your site professional installation services?
        Just upload the 4.2.5 files and run the upgrader, it runs all the necessary intermediate steps.

Yes, you can also buy an upgrade package if you want.
        Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• dmx07
          • Oct 2013
          • 4.2.X

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. Just submitted to Jira. Maybe reCAPTCHA is not compatible with PHP7?

Comment

• dmx07
            • Oct 2013
            • 4.2.X

Multiple errors after upgrade to 4.2.5 Beta 2. Not working properly with PHP7.

15-Feb-2017 20:10:11 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; StringParser_Node has a deprecated constructor in /home//public_html/forumrunner/support/stringparser.class.php on line 849 [15-Feb-2017 20:10:11 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; StringParser_Node_Text has a deprecated constructor in /home/public_html/forumrunner/support/stringparser.class.php on line 1464 [15-Feb-2017 20:20:06 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; StringParser has a deprecated constructor in /home//public_html/forumrunner/support/stringparser.class.php on line 77 [15-Feb-2017 20:20:06 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; StringParser_Node has a deprecated constructor in /home//public_html/forumrunner/support/stringparser.class.php on line 849 [15-Feb-2017 20:20:06 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; StringParser_Node_Text has a deprecated constructor in /home/public_html/forumrunner/support/stringparser.class.php on line 1464 [15-Feb-2017 20:20:35 UTC] PHP Warning: mysqli_query(): (42000/1064): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LEFT JOIN post AS post ON(post.postid = thread.firstpostid) WHERE thread' at line 10 in /home/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1389 [15-Feb-2017 20:21:28 UTC] PHP Warning: mysqli_query(): (42000/1064): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LEFT JOIN post AS post ON(post.postid = thread.firstpostid) WHERE thread' at line 10 in /home/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1389 [15-Feb-2017 20:30:07 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; StringParser has a deprecated constructor in /home/public_html/forumrunner/support/stringparser.class.php on line 77 [15-Feb-2017 20:30:07 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; StringParser_Node has a deprecated constructor in /home//public_html/forumrunner/support/stringparser.class.php on line 849 [15-Feb-2017 20:30:07 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; StringParser_Node_Text has a deprecated constructor in /home//public_html/forumrunner/support/stringparser.class.php on line 1464
            Last edited by BirdOPrey5; Thu 16 Feb '17, 5:04am. Reason: nevermind

Comment

• man1c
              • Apr 2005
              • 3.8.x

Two of my b1 one sites that I updated to b2 started giving db errors when entering the usercp after the update and I've had to roll them both back.

Code:
              Database error in vBulletin 4.2.5 Beta 2:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT post.pagetext AS preview,
                          thread.threadid, thread.title AS threadtitle, thread.forumid, thread.pollid,
                          thread.open, thread.replycount, thread.postusername, thread.postuserid,
                          thread.prefixid, thread.taglist, thread.dateline, thread.views, thread.iconid AS threadiconid,
                          thread.notes, thread.visible, threadread.readtime AS threadread,
                          thread.lastpost, thread.lastposter, thread.lastposterid, thread.lastpostid

FROM vb_thread AS thread
                      LEFT JOIN vb_threadread AS threadread ON (threadread.threadid = thread.threadid AND threadread.userid = 1
                      LEFT JOIN vb_post AS post ON(post.postid = thread.firstpostid)

WHERE thread.threadid IN(296167)

ORDER BY lastpost DESC;

MySQL Error   : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LEFT JOIN vb_post AS post ON(post.postid = thread.firstpostid)

WHERE thr' at line 9
              Error Number  : 1064
              Request Date  : Thursday, February 16th 2017 @ 01:47:10 AM
              Error Date    : Thursday, February 16th 2017 @ 01:47:10 AM
              Script        : http://www.domain.com/usercp.php
              Referrer      : https://www.domain.com/
              IP Address    : 
              Username      : 
              Classname     : vB_Database_MySQLi
              MySQL Version : 5.7.17-log
              Server        :
              User Agent    :
              Last edited by man1c; Thu 16 Feb '17, 8:54am.

Comment

• man1c
                • Apr 2005
                • 3.8.x

I've also just been on dragonbyte tech who I read had also updated to b2 and they are giving the same db error on the usercp.

Code:
                [B]PHP Warning[/B]: mysqli_query(): (42000/1064): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'LEFT JOIN vb_post AS post ON(post.postid = thread.firstpostid) WHERE thr' at line 10 in [B]..../includes/class_core.php[/B] on line [B]1389[/B]  [TABLE="cellpadding: 3, cellspacing: 5"]
                [TR]
                [TD][IMG]https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/image.php?type=dberror[/IMG][/TD]
                 			[TD="width: 100%"]Database error[/TD]
                 		[/TR]
                [TR]
                [TD="class: bodytext, colspan: 2"]The DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons database has encountered a problem.[/TD]
                 		[/TR]
                [TR]
                [TD="colspan: 2"] 			[HR][/HR][/TD]
                 		[/TR]
                [TR]
                [TD="class: bodytext, colspan: 2"]Please try the following:[LIST][*]Load the page again by clicking the [URL="https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/usercp.php#"]Refresh[/URL] button in your web browser.[*]Open the [URL="https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/"]www.dragonbyte-tech.com[/URL] home page, then try to open another page.[*]Click the [URL="javascript:history.back(1)"]Back[/URL] button to try another link.[/LIST]
                [/TD]
                 		[/TR]
                [TR]
                [TD="class: bodytext, colspan: 2"]The [url]www.dragonbyte-tech.com[/url] forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may [EMAIL="[email protected]"]contact them[/EMAIL] if the problem persists.[/TD]
                 		[/TR]
                [TR]
                [TD="class: bodytext, colspan: 2"] 
                			We apologise for any inconvenience.[/TD]
                 		[/TR]
                [/TABLE]

Comment

• Paul M
                  Former Lead Developer
                  vB.Com & vB.Org
                  • Sep 2004

Please note, as the first post states (and as you should know anyway).

Originally posted by Paul M
                  I cannot keep track of issues logged all over the place in threads,

Comment

• Mikethemix
                    Mikethemix commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The snag is that the Jira tracker link posted here is ONLY for v5, not v4.2.5

• BirdOPrey5
                    BirdOPrey5 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    As of the time this thread was current. it worked. At this point there is no longer any point to logging bugs in 4.2.5. Security exploits can be reported to [email protected] but nothing else will be recorded or fixed.
                • dmx07
                  • Oct 2013
                  • 4.2.X

Apologies Paul, submitted to Jira.

On some servers vbulletin 4 can develop incredible speed but not with 4.2.5 Beta 2 due to bugs. Not working well with PHP7. Some pages refuse to load, lots of database errors.

Also some threads start to behave erraticaly and display in hybrid mode then linear mode.

Comment

• Paul M
                    Former Lead Developer
                    vB.Com & vB.Org
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by dmx07

On some servers vbulletin 4 can develop incredible speed but not with 4.2.5 Beta 2 due to bugs. Not working well with PHP7..
                    Sorry but this is just exagerated, given how different PHP 7 is, it works very well.

First of all, Betas have bugs, thats why they are Betas, these will not have any noticable effect on "speed".

Recaptcha looks like the remote system no longer exists, so would fail in any vB4 version.
                    The database error (not errors) are from subscriptions in the usercp. They will affect that page only.
                    The deprecated messages are just warnings, from some old 3rd party stuff forumrunner uses (most people never use FR).

Comment

• dmx07
                      • Oct 2013
                      • 4.2.X

Thank you Paul and apologies for my ignorance I didn't want to annoy you.

May I ask why do threads start to automatically display in hybrid mode in 4.2.5 Beta 2?

Comment

• Rezi Mako
                        • Jan 2017
                        • 4.2.x

Hi Paul,

already upgradet vb 4.2.5 beta 2 and everything seems to be fine.
                        One bug maybe is when i wanted to edit the signature. /profile.php?do=editsignature
                        It gives me an error: Invalid File
                        Is that known?
                        ​​​​​​​Thank you!

Comment

• Paul M
                          Former Lead Developer
                          vB.Com & vB.Org
                          • Sep 2004

Yes, its because the sig pic field is [still] pre-populated with "http://www.", its supposed to be blank now, but I missed this in some templates.

Blank it out manually and the error will go away. Its fixed for Beta 3.

Comment

• Paul M
                            Former Lead Developer
                            vB.Com & vB.Org
                            • Sep 2004

Update:

There are a huge number of changes in 4.2.5 Beta 2, not just for PHP 7, but also IP storage and many other minor things.

Becasue of this, a number of bugs are expected to be found (and a few already have).
                            A number of issues related to just PHP 7.1.1 are also showing up now (and several cases where the code works in PHP 7.1, but fails in PHP 5.6).

Please report any issues as soon as you can in Jira (if you dont, I am likely to miss them).
                            I aim to squash as many as possible, and then push out Beta 3 (as just a series of bug fixes) in a much shorter timeframe than Beta 2.

Comment

• Rezi Mako
                              • Jan 2017
                              • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Paul M
                              Yes, its because the sig pic field is [still] pre-populated with "http://www.", its supposed to be blank now, but I missed this in some templates.

Blank it out manually and the error will go away. Its fixed for Beta 3.
                              thanks Paul. Now it works ok. Great help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...