vBulletin 4.2.5

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sub_ubi
    • Dec 2004

Yes I have copies dating back quite awhile, I'm just working on the test server.

Would you like a copy of the 4.2.3 database, or is there something you want me to try again?
    Last edited by sub_ubi; Thu 1 Dec '16, 8:41pm.

Comment

• Paul M
      Former Lead Developer
      vB.Com & vB.Org
      • Sep 2004

Just a copy of the database before you upgraded.
      The error suggests some bad serialized data somewhere, which would be beyond our control, but id like to be sure if I can.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• IggyP
        • Mar 2012

hmm, i just tried a test and also see this trying from 3.7 to 4.2.5 beta 1>>

Code:
        [B]Warning[/B]: vb_unserialize: 15 - Expected " at position 139000found a in [B]/home/blahblah/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php[/B] on line [B]5874[/B]

[B]Warning[/B]: 1found a in [B]/home/blahblah/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php[/B] on line [B]5828[/B]

[B]Warning[/B]: vb_unserialize: 04 - Expected { at position 139000found a in [B]/home/blahblah/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php[/B] on line [B]5765[/B]

[B]Warning[/B]: vb_unserialize: 05 - Invalid key type boolean at index 139000 in [B]/home/blahblah/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php[/B] on line [B]5778[/B]

[B]Warning[/B]: 1found a in [B]/home/blahblah/forums/includes/class_core.php[/B] on line [B]5828[/B]

[B]Warning[/B]: vb_unserialize: 04 - Expected { at position 139000found a in [B]/home/blahblah/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php[/B] on line [B]5765[/B]

[B]Warning[/B]: vb_unserialize: 05 - Invalid key type boolean at index 139000 in [B]/home/blahblah/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php[/B] on line [B]5778[/B]

[B]Warning[/B]: vb_unserialize: 15 - Expected " at position 266620found in [B]/home/blahblah/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php[/B] on line [B]5874[/B]

[B]Warning[/B]: vb_unserialize: 02 - Invalid unserialize type: at position 266620 in [B]/home/blahblah/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php[/B] on line [B]5746[/B]

[B]Warning[/B]: vb_unserialize: 05 - Invalid key type boolean at index 266620 in [B]/home/blahblah/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php[/B] on line [B]5778[/B]

[B]Parse error[/B]: syntax error, unexpected '=', expecting ')' in [B]/home/blahblah/public_html/forums/includes/functions_misc.php[/B] on line [B]759[/B]

Comment

• Paul M
          Former Lead Developer
          vB.Com & vB.Org
          • Sep 2004

Again, most of those are just warnings of potentially bad serialized data, but without any context as to where and when, there is nothing more I can look at.

The last error (syntax) is more interesting, are you sure you are running at least php 5.5 ?

Comment

• IggyP
            IggyP commented
            Editing a comment
            this was the result of attempting the upgrade script thru the browser...i was assuming it was running php5.6 but perhaps he still had the 5.3 i will check into it thank you

• Paul M
            Paul M commented
            Editing a comment
            If you have a copy of the database (before upgrade) that would be handy.
        • Paul M
          Former Lead Developer
          vB.Com & vB.Org
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by sub_ubi
          I kept getting vb_unserialize errors, but after each error I'd run upgrade again and it eventually finished.
          Code:
          <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?> <br /> <b>Warning</b>: vb_unserialize: 01 - Finished, but not at end of string in <b>/var/www/blah/forums/includes/class_core.php</b> on line <b>5709</b><br /> <upgrade> <message replace="0">Product upgrade completed</message> <status>Status: Processing XML, Step 1 of 9</status> <longversion>forumrunner</longversion> <version>final</version> <nextstep>1</nextstep> </upgrade>
          JFYI: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-16249

Comment

• sub_ubi
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Paul M
            Assuming there are no other issues, is it safe to upgrade a production forum to Beta 1 even with bad data warnings caused by spaces?

Comment

• Paul M
              Former Lead Developer
              vB.Com & vB.Org
              • Sep 2004

From what I recall, I think it was just one broken stylevar.

If you want to be sure, the fix it just to add 1 line in class_core.php

Find these two lines (around 5698);
              PHP Code:
              $index 0;
              $strlen strlen($string); 

and change them to this ;
              PHP Code:
              $index 0;
              $string trim($string);
              $strlen strlen($string); 

This adds the line in the middle of the original two.

Comment

• Rezi Mako
                • Jan 2017
                • 4.2.x

Dear Paul,

i have a current version vb 4.2.3 and want to upgrade to the 4.2.5 wich will run on php 7.x.x.
                What shall i do? I have a valid licence. Can you send me a link or sth of the new version so that i can test it?

Thank you very much!
                Rezart

Comment

• Mark.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Rezi Mako
                  Dear Paul,

i have a current version vb 4.2.3 and want to upgrade to the 4.2.5 wich will run on php 7.x.x.
                  What shall i do? I have a valid licence. Can you send me a link or sth of the new version so that i can test it?

Thank you very much!
                  Rezart
                  You can download 4.2.5 from the members area and test it using a non-public mirror of your live site.
                  MARK.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  ------------
                  My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                  My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Aug 2002
                    • 5.7.X

After clicking the link to download vB4, you will see a radio button "More Download Options" - check this and a dropdown will become available. You can download 4.2.5 from this list.
                    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Paul M
                      Former Lead Developer
                      vB.Com & vB.Org
                      • Sep 2004

Just a note / reminder.

The current 4.2.5 version is Beta 1, the next version (Beta 2) is due to be released in the next two weeks.

Comment

• djvd-sammobile
                        • Oct 2011
                        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Paul M
                        Just a note / reminder.

The current 4.2.5 version is Beta 1, the next version (Beta 2) is due to be released in the next two weeks.
                        Thank you for your work so far, I am considering to start using this Beta 1 (or Beta 2) for a production forum soon.
                        Is there any way we can get email notifications for all these new RC and Alpha/Beta releases?

Comment

• Paul M
                          Former Lead Developer
                          vB.Com & vB.Org
                          • Sep 2004

You can subscribe to the relevant topics.

Comment

• Paul M
                            Former Lead Developer
                            vB.Com & vB.Org
                            • Sep 2004

4.2.5 Beta 2 has been released today.

Comment

• Paul M
                              Former Lead Developer
                              vB.Com & vB.Org
                              • Sep 2004

If you downloaded Beta 2 before this post then please re-download it again.
                              I found a small change that didnt get merged properly, so I have updated the build files.

(The affected file was class_core.php)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...