• Show
Clear All
  • Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org
    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Guardian Hope
    PHP Code:
    Call to undefined function split() on line 172 in /var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN/httpdocs/forums/forum.php(791) : eval()'d code
    #0 /var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN/httpdocs/forums/forum.php(791): eval()
    #1 {main} 
    I will log it with Jira.
    Thats actually an error from code being run by the "forumhome_complete" hook, so not core vb code. However, its worth logging a general Jira to remove any instances of split() from core, since its been removed from php 7.
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Guardian Hope
      • Mar 2015
      • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Paul M

Thats actually an error from code being run by the "forumhome_complete" hook, so not core vb code. However, its worth logging a general Jira to remove any instances of split() from core, since its been removed from php 7.
      You are right, I disabled our forumhome_complete hooks and sure enough, vBulletin came back up even though everything runs super slow and when you post (whether a PM, thread, reply, etc) it 500 Internal Server errors it does run. Unfortunately, for this particular site I'm not the SA so I can't check if PHP 7 has been misconfigured (a lot of bugs I've never seen in PHP 7 are presenting themselves). The only site where I don't have SA access is the only site to have such problems with PHP 7.

Comment

• Paul M
        Former Lead Developer
        vB.Com & vB.Org
        • Sep 2004

vBulletin 4.2.5 Alpha 2 released today.

Comment

• line89
          • Oct 2011
          • 4.1.x

do i have to fully reinstall with each Alpha release?

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

You have to carry out a full upgrade.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Guardian Hope
              • Mar 2015
              • 4.2.x

So we encountered another issue on our development board moving up to vBulletin 4.2.5 Alpha 2 (we fell back to PHP 5.6 as a lot of things weren't PHP 7 ready):

PHP Code:
                [Fri Aug 19 21:19:19.761828 2016] [fcgid:warn] [pid 7618] [client XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:3380mod_fcgidstderrPHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method vB_HumanVerify_Abstract::vB_HumanVerify_Abstract() in /var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN/httpdocs/forums/includes/class_humanverify_new_recaptcha.php on line 14refererhttp://DOMAIN/forums/register.php 
              This happens on any registration when the "new" reCAPTCHA is enabled (the "new" reCAPTCHA isn't exactly new anymore). The user just sees a white page after COPPA and we found that in the server's log. The only variations are of course the IP address and port number of the client attempting the registration.

We had to turn off new reCAPTCHA on the development board.

This did not occur in 4.2.2 and 4.2.3 but was also apparently present in 4.2.5 Alpha 1.

Comment

• Paul M
                Former Lead Developer
                vB.Com & vB.Org
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by line89
                do i have to fully reinstall with each Alpha release?
                Re-install - No, Upgrade - Yes - Just like you would for any new version

(upload files, run upgrader)..

Comment

• Paul M
                  Former Lead Developer
                  vB.Com & vB.Org
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Guardian Hope
                  So we encountered another issue on our development board moving up to vBulletin 4.2.5 Alpha 2 (we fell back to PHP 5.6 as a lot of things weren't PHP 7 ready):

PHP Code:
                   [Fri Aug 19 21:19:19.761828 2016] [fcgid:warn] [pid 7618] [client XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:3380mod_fcgidstderrPHP Fatal errorCall to undefined method vB_HumanVerify_Abstract::vB_HumanVerify_Abstract() in /var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN/httpdocs/forums/includes/class_humanverify_new_recaptcha.php on line 14refererhttp://DOMAIN/forums/register.php 
                  This happens on any registration when the "new" reCAPTCHA is enabled (the "new" reCAPTCHA isn't exactly new anymore). The user just sees a white page after COPPA and we found that in the server's log. The only variations are of course the IP address and port number of the client attempting the registration.

We had to turn off new reCAPTCHA on the development board.

This did not occur in 4.2.2 and 4.2.3 but was also apparently present in 4.2.5 Alpha 1.
                  There is no such thing as "new" recaptcha in vB4, so that must be something (a mod) you have added.

Comment

• Guardian Hope
                    • Mar 2015
                    • 4.2.x

There is no such thing as "new" recaptcha in vB4, so that must be something (a mod) you have added.
                    Yes, it seems you were right once again. It was the modification providing modern reCAPTCHA capabilities (reCAPTCHA 2). Did vBulletin 4 ever get reCAPTCHA 2 or is still using the older version of reCAPTCHA?

However, there is another problem and for the first time it's not actually mod related (unless someone installed one and didn't tell me).

Using "Forgot Password' to recover a user account from one that was previously imported by ImpEx (from phpBB into vBulletin 4.2.2) results in that user's account being changed from the usergroup it was assigned to, to Unregistered / Not Logged In, in vBulletin 4.2.5 Alpha 2. Thus, they cannot post.

Comment

• line89
                      • Oct 2011
                      • 4.1.x

User Moving/Pruning System does not work for me on Alpha 1, it never finds any Users.
                      Could some one please tell me if it works with Alpha 2 release?

Comment

• kane@airrifle
                        • Mar 2011
                        • 4.2.x

User Moving/Pruning System does not work for me on Alpha 1, it never finds any Users.
                        Could some one please tell me if it works with Alpha 2 release?
                        Works for me on Alpha 2

Comment

• Paul M
                          Former Lead Developer
                          vB.Com & vB.Org
                          • Sep 2004

I dont think anything has really changed in that code, so i think its unlikely to be a vB issue. If I remember, I'll try it later, when I have access to an A1 system.

Comment

• Mattwhf
                            • May 2016
                            • 4.2.x

You are right, Paul!, it is reCAPTCHA v2 Human Verification mod and I could not use it when upgraded to PHP7, this really needs for vB forums

I faced the same problem like Guardian Hope

here it is http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=315960

I contacted the author but seem he didn't update the mod.

also there is a same Mod for xenforo and it worked on Xenforo when upgraded to PHP7, i think it is just different from ways how a coder do with their codes.

Thanks
                            Web Hosting Forum - Learn web hosting and offering your web hosting plans for free!
                            Tranh phong cảnh, tranh nghệ thuật đẹp, bếp từ nhập khẩu chất lượng cao!

Comment

• Mark.B
                              vBulletin Support
                              • Feb 2004
                              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Mattwhf

You are right, Paul!, it is reCAPTCHA v2 Human Verification mod and I could not use it when upgraded to PHP7, this really needs for vB forums
                              Your best bet is to post in the modification thread on vbulletin.org and ask for help.

We are unable to provide any support for third party code.

MARK.B
                              vBulletin Support
                              ------------
                              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Paul M
                                Former Lead Developer
                                vB.Com & vB.Org
                                • Sep 2004

I would guess from the error that its simply because in php7, class constructors must be called "__construct" and not the actual class name.

All the vB classes were updated in 4.2.5 to comply with this requirement.

Line 14 is probably calling vB_HumanVerify_Abstract(<something>), rather than __construct(<something>).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...