vBulletin 4.2.5

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheLastSuperman
    • Sep 2008

Add the disable hooks code to config.php then see if it will run on php7.0, I had one site recently that worked fine on php7.0 just not 7.1 . Needless to say if you disable the mods it should work, then you can simply disable them all (screenshot the active ones first so you know what to run back on) and turn mods back on one-by-one after each other each time checking to see if the mod you turned back on breaks the site or not (sometimes the error will state the file so you can skip adding disable hooks to config and disable the mod related to the file).

vBSEO can be replaced and mod-rewrite friendly urls used instead with some redirect magic alternatively you can install and run DBSEO (pay for them to install and ask for url hierarchy to be setup the same way note to them that it's important as you wish to retain the old link structure (hierarchy).

It's more than likely vBSEO. Sometimes though errors can show if for example when you recompiled to PHP7.0/7.1 was mysqli extension active? *If it was required the mod may not work until it's working*. Something can simply be disabled and a quick recompile using easy apache could sort.
    Disabling Modifications OR Plugins via SQL Query - Fix AdminCP/Forum Access vBulletin 4 Articles

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
    Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• rrk
      • Feb 2006

I am upgrading from 4.2.1 to 4.2.5. When I ran the upgrade script I got below error.
      • Upgrading to 4.2.5 Release Candidate 2
      • Upgrading to 4.2.5
      • Processing Blog
      • Step 17 - Skipping step, not needed
      At this stage of upgrade after Step #17, I got below error. How do I proceed from this point? Please help

Unexpected Text:
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
      <br />
      <b>Warning</b>: mysqli_query(): (42000/1064): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ' )
      )
      WHERE ipid IS NULL' at line 6 in <b>/home/rrkr2i/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php</b> on line <b>1386</b><br />
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
      <errors>
      <error><![CDATA[<p>Database Error</p>

Invalid SQL:

SELECT bt.userid, bt.dateline, blogtextid, ipaddress, firstblogtextid
      FROM blog_text bt
      JOIN blog bl USING (blogid)
      LEFT JOIN ipdata ip ON (
      bt.ipaddress = ip.ipid AND bt.blogtextid = ip.contentid
      AND bt.userid = ip.userid AND ip.contenttypeid IN (, )
      )
      WHERE ipid IS NULL;

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ' )
      )
      WHERE ipid IS NULL' at line 6]]></error>
      <error_html><![CDATA[<p>Database error in vBulletin 4.2.5</p>
      <p>Invalid SQL:

SELECT bt.userid, bt.dateline, blogtextid, ipaddress, firstblogtextid
      FROM blog_text bt
      JOIN blog bl USING (blogid)
      LEFT JOIN ipdata ip ON (
      bt.ipaddress = ip.ipid AND bt.blogtextid = ip.contentid
      AND bt.userid = ip.userid AND ip.contenttypeid IN (, )
      )
      WHERE ipid IS NULL;<p>
      <p>
      <strong>MySQL Error</strong> : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ' )
      )
      WHERE ipid IS NULL' at line 6<br />
      <strong>Error Number</strong> : 1064<br />
      <strong>Request Date</strong> : Tuesday, November 10th 2020 @ 07:17:37 AM<br />
      <strong>Error Date</strong> : Tuesday, November 10th 2020 @ 07:17:38 AM<br />
      <strong>Script</strong> : http://xxxx/forums/install/upgrade.php<br />
      <strong>Referrer</strong> : http://xxxx/forums/install/upgrade.php<br />
      <strong>Classname</strong> : vB_Database_MySQLi<br />
      <strong>MySQL Version</strong> : 10.3.27-MariaDB<br />
      </p>]]></error_html>
      </errors>

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

This happens where the blog product is disabled.

You need to make sure the blog product is enabled before running the upgrade script (you can disable it again afterwards).
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...