Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I remove Guest as User Title on My Admin Account?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I remove Guest as User Title on My Admin Account?

A few months ago my administrator account was hacked. The only way I was able to regain control was by using my backup admin account to delete it then re-register it. Upon deletion, it warned me that all my posts would be set to Guest, which I could live with. I re-registered the account and restored all admin privileges but all my new posts still show user title as Guest. It will also not display my signature. Both user title and signature show up correctly both in the admin panel and my profile but will not display. I have prowled through the entire admin panel and database and cannot figure out what is amiss. Is there a way to fix this? I am using v. 4.2.3

The posts will be associated with the old userid. You will need to run a query on the database to change the old posts and threads so that they have the correct userid, then rebuild the forum, post and thread counters.

As an aside - you did need to delete the old account, there are ways to recover hacked accounts, but that is past now.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I'm not clear on this, you say "but all my new posts still show user title as Guest."

Do you mean posts you make with your new admin account ? or posts made with the old admin account ?
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Sorry, just found this reply. I am still being called guest on my new posts.

Comment

Probably need a support ticket to look into it further. What you've done isn't a standard part of the software's functionality so we are only guessing at the possible cause unless we have full access to your system.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.4 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment