User Banned just after they register and "Click here to return to where you were previously" ???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

User Banned just after they register and "Click here to return to where you were previously" ???

Hi,

vbulletin version 4.2.3 i have the following issue:

1 - New user registers on the forum, all is ok and then they get this message:

------------------------------ vBulletin Message

Thank you for registering, Rory2000. An email has been dispatched to [email protected] with details on how to activate your account. Click here to return to where you were previously.

You will receive an email in your inbox. You MUST follow the link in that email before you can post on these forums. Until you do that, you will be told that you do not have permission to post.

------------------------------

2 - When the user clicks on the link in the message "Click here to return to where you were previously." they go to the forum main url / home page and a new message is displayed and it says:

------------------------------ vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
    No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

------------------------------

If you try to go to any other page it just displays the same message, HOWEVER if you click on the link in the email to activate your account you are not banned and can use the forum without any problems.

Any idea's on this problem or suggestions...

Thanks in advance !

Hi Everyone...

Well I found the problem....

As new registrations are automatically put into the usergroup "users awaiting email confirmation" i check the permissions of this usergroup... they were all set to no.

One option under User Group Section reads like this:

This Usergroup is not a 'Banned' Group
    (Setting this to no will cause the group to be treated as a banned group, this will prevent the sending of email notifications, show a banned error message on the permission error pages and other unspecified behaviors.)

This was set to NO thus causing the problem !

Comment