Weird issue with permissions and cookies on new server. Some pages don't show a login

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EvilArcana
    • Jul 2007
    • 4.2.X

Weird issue with permissions and cookies on new server. Some pages don't show a login

I have a weird issue with some of my moderators that in Firefox mostly if there's an attachment posted in my private moderators only sub forum it shows up only as a link. Not a thumbnail. And if they click it, it says invalid attachment. This only happens for some of them and it appears to happen on Firefox best I can tell. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? The invalid attachment error page shows them as not logged in. But if they go back they are logged in.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Ask them what URL they are using to view the page - with or without the www at the beginning. Then also check to see what you entered in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Site Name/URL/etc > Forum URL . You might want to consider using .htaccess to redirect the non-www to the www URL or vice-versa depending on what you are using as the Site URL.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• EvilArcana
      • Jul 2007
      • 4.2.X

I recently removed the www from the forum url option. should I put that back in there? I've asked them about whether www is different for them in the case of the broken pages. I'll report back what they say.

Comment