Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skyecom
    • Dec 2006

Best path off vB 4.0.2

Just took over a vb forum that is still running vB 4.0.2 and I'm looking for answers on the safest upgrade path. I've experienced botched forum upgrades in the past and I certainly don't want to damage and loose 12+ years of posts. It's been a while since I messed with VB, my last vb forum I managed was 3.8.5, so a lot of things have changed.

Version 4.0.2 seems to be unpopular, and it appears there no way back to version 3.8.
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Same as wit any upgrade, make sure you back up the database fully BEFORE doing any upgrade steps. That way if something goes wrong you can roll back to the point you started.

Upgrades within the vB4 series should be very straight forward. I'd certainly recommend getting to at least 4.2.3 (if you won't upgrade to vB5) as it contains hundreds of bug, and more importantly security fixes over what you're using now
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Paul M
      Former Lead Developer
      vB.Com & vB.Org
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by skyecom
      Version 4.0.2 seems to be unpopular, and it appears there no way back to version 3.8.
      4.0.2 isnt that great, upgrade to 4.2.3 or 4.2.4 Beta, they are far superior to the early vB4 releases.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...