X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BasilFawlty
    • Jul 2012
    • 4.2.X

PayPal Upgrades - Questions

I think I read somewhere that the latest VB 4.2.3 is ready for the PayPal security upgrades, but I'm not clear on whether I need to do anything else. I received a notice from PayPal this morning that had a table in it of their changes and whether I need to do anything. Under the column titled "Change Required?" (meaning change by me), there were two entries that I'm concerned about.

1. For the PayPal change titled "SSL Certificate Upgrade to SHA-256", under the "Change Required" it says "PayPal is unable to determine if your systems are SHA-256 compatible." It then has a link to a "Merchant Security Roadmap" I looked at that roadmap like a chicken looking at a card trick. In other words, I didn't understand enough about SSL certificates to make head or tails of it.
    So, my question is - besides running the latest Bulletin v4.2.3 (on a dedicated server), is there anything else I need to do? I mean, am going to need to install a site-specific SSL cert that is compliment? Anything otherwise I need to do?

2. For the PayPal change titled " IPN Verification Postback to HTTPS", under the "Change Required" column, it simply says "YES". What is this and how do I implement it?

• Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

This thread may help:

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...