Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davide101
    • Feb 2006

[Forum] "Receive Admin Emails" Disabled and Sending Thread Notifications

I am trying to figure out the proper procedure for ensuring that a user can click a link in any of our emails and be unsubscribed from all of our communications. I thought that "Receive Admin Emails" setting covered this, but it looks like the user still receives thread subscriptions.

What is the correct way to ensure that users can unsubscribe from all communications in a click so we can not spam them?

Thanks!

David
    David Edelman
    Diabetes DailyDiabetes Forumtwitter.com/davidtalkdavidedelman.com
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

They cannot unsubscribe via the email, they need to log in and change their settings.

You can provide a link to the settings page in the email, but they will still need to log in, make the changes, and save.

It is not classed as spam, because they are settings the user configured in the first place.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• davide101
      • Feb 2006

I'm still not fully understanding. Can you help me understand the following:

1. If someone logs on, goes to profile.php?do=editoptions, and unchecks both receive email settings, they will still receive email subscriptions, correct?

2. So in order to unsubscribe, they need to login, uncheck both of those boxes, and also go to Subscriptions, select all, and change subscription status? Is this correct?

3. Are there additional settings that might send email? For example, if I wanted to ensure that people who mark our stuff as spam or request not to receive email, I would need to basically extend vBulletin by changing subscriptions to not receive email and setting those two receive email settings to disabled?

4. Is there a way to import a list of emails of people that have marked emails as spam and set them to not receive any email from us?

David Edelman
      Diabetes DailyDiabetes Forumtwitter.com/davidtalkdavidedelman.com

Comment