vBulletin 4.2.3 Import from phpBB 3.1.7-pl1 - Post dates 1970???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • azgunner
    • Feb 2016
    • 4.2.x

vBulletin 4.2.3 Import from phpBB 3.1.7-pl1 - Post dates 1970???

Hi, I've been battling this vB install / import for a couple days now. I purchased vB with the intention of using it to upgrade my already existing phpBB 3.1.7-pl1 install.

I am using Impex to import everything to vB and following the steps for after importing (like resetting the counters and running cleaner.php)

Everything seems to import over but I am running into a few big problems.

1. On the main forum index and the sub forum index the last post shows as never
    2. On the indexes the number of replies to each thread is 0
    3. On the main forum index at the bottom statistics, it shows the thread count properly but the total posts count is not correct. It shows the same as thread count.
    4. The post dates on the indexs of the main page and sub forums show 1/1/1970, but when you open a specific thread the dates inside the thread appear correct.

When I reply to an existing thread it seems to change everything back to normal. The bottom statistics on the main forum will increase by 1 for total posts and it will show the latest reply in the indexes. The indexes however still show 0 replies on that specific post. If I create a new thread, then everything acts as normal on that thread only, replies are counted and everything.

There is obviously an issue with either a vB setting that I'm missing or the dates in the database that has been transferred over. I'm thinking there might be a sql command I can run to fix this, I just don't know what it would be. There might also be something I can tweak in the Impex scripts to solve this problem? I've tried importing to both vB4 and vB3, both versions give the same results.

Thank you in advanced for any help you can provide. I'm at a loss here. I've been fighting this for 2 days and I've got nowhere with it. If I haven't figured it out by now, I'm not going to. I just need help. I've tried searching the internet high and low and searched on both vbulletin.com and vbulletin.org without much luck.

EDIT :
    After doing some digging I found a couple of things.

phpBB3 has a table for TOPICS
    phpBB3.1 has a table for TOPICS and POSTS.

The info for what user made the last reply in a topic is stored in POSTS on 3.1, a whole separate table than it is on 3 where everything is just under TOPICS

The Impex file that pulls the TOPICS information is 006.php. I can see how to add additional items to it if they are in the same table, but how can I have 006.php pull from both TOPICS and POSTS?

Last edited by Mark.B; Sun 21 Feb '16, 8:02pm. Reason: Files removed
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Please don't post entire files like that.

Have you run the thread and forum update tools in AdminCP > Maintenance > General Update Tools?
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• azgunner
      • Feb 2016
      • 4.2.x

Yes, I updated all the counters. The problem stems from database structure changes between phpBB3 and phpBB3.1. Impex is looking for database entries that just simply aren't in the same place. Some script edits seemed to fix most of the issues.

That seems to have fixed the issue of total replies, last reply times, etc. This fix that I came up wtih will not work (or it will give false numbers) if phpBB has the setting enabled where mods/admins have to approve all posts though. If you have that disabled in phpBB, all posts auto approve and add to the counter in the "topic_posts_approved" column in the database. I am basically using that for Impex to see how many replies there are. There are still a few additional bugs that need to be worked out that I created a support ticket for relating to image attachments, user post counts, user 'latests posts', and database size. Trevor responded to my initial ticket and I just sent him the additional info he requested.

Click image for larger version

Name:	index.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	4338835
      Last edited by azgunner; Mon 22 Feb '16, 4:49pm.

Comment

• thetgc
        • Apr 2017
        • 5.3.x

Just wondering what the solution to this problem was? I have exactly the same issue at the moment and I simply cannot find a way around it. I was assured when I asked before purchasing a VB license that importing my forum which is on phpbb 3.1.10 into VB 4.2 would work fine. It has in fact been a complete nightmare. Luckily I am doing a test on my local machine before touching the live site but still, have lost two days on this so far and no further forward.

I have done the usual things of updating counters etc but doesn't change anything.

Surely someone must have solved this issue in the years since impex was last updated?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...