X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Diver
    • May 2003

[Forum] 4.2.1 - 500 error on my database but working on a new install

Hey,

I have someone working on a site and he is getting it working fine on 4.2.1 with a fresh install, when he tries it with my database, its giving a 500 error.

I had a quick look myself and the same thing is happening, so without a doubt its not a server error.
    I also checked cPanel error logs, nothing coming up, checked vB error logs, nothing coming up.

I can get him to post also but I know this isnt a server error so I dont know why its giving a 500 or no errors showing in logs..

I have only ever got a 500 when it was something wrong with the actual server, but I have other sites running on different scripts as well as vb 3.7 running fine.

Does anyone know what could cause this problem?

Thanks for any help
    John Diver
  • John Diver
    • May 2003

Can anyone help please?
    Thanks
    John Diver

Comment

• John Diver
      • May 2003

The more I search the more I see people saying it is a vB bug..

One example:

John Diver

Comment

• Paul M
        Former Lead Developer
        vB.Com & vB.Org
        • Sep 2004

Thats generally the answer people give when they have no clue whats wrong, so they just blame the software.

No one can help you since you have provided no useful information at all, a 500 error is a server error by definition.

Its probably a php error, but unless you provide details of the exact error from logs, nothing more can be worked out.
        Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• John Diver
          • May 2003

Harsh answer there Paul and actually it was a vb code error and a user fixed it and staff confirmed.

I will post the fix when I get home, on my mobile now.
          John Diver

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

If there was a code error in 4.2 that caused a server error on every page, we'd have have thousands of customers reporting it, so I'd be intrigued to know what this is.

The account you are posting from has had no support tickets since 2012, and only has a vB3 license, not a vB4 one, so I'm unable to look at this any further. I'm presuming you have a second, unrelated licensed account because based on the account you're posting with, you don't have access to vB4 at all.

If you'd like to post from the correct licensed account I can look into this further.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment