X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scream And Fly
    • Jan 2004
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] Internet Explorer display issue - please help

Issue is now resolved! Thank you to Glenn for solving this for me!
    For anyone else that needs to know, my HTML code was invalid, causing the problem.

Thank you so much!

Greg

Hi everyone, I am a long-time VBulletin registered user, and I've been using VB since it was in Beta in 2000 and have been ever since.

I have a strange problem that I am trying to resolve, and it seems to be only specific to Internet Explorer. I am using 4.2.3.

On my site, some sub-forums have descriptions with HTML links. With Internet Explorer, the formatting of those specific sub-forums is not right, however this only happens when a user is logged in. When the site is viewed as a guest, everything displays fine. The links in the forum description actually work, and HTML is enabled, however if you will see the images attached, the sub-forums with the descriptions are not displayed properly in their columns. Just having text in the forum description does not cause an issue - it is the HTML link that is causing it.

Also, this issue is not at all showing up with Google Chrome. Running IE in Compatibility Mode does not correct the issue, and this is occurring with the latest version of IE in Windows 7 and 8.

VBulletin site is here - http://www.screamandfly.com/forum.php

I attached a screenshot showing the display issue with Internet Explorer when a user is logged in (any usergroup, it seems). And also a screenshot showing how the forum (correctly) displays on IE when viewing the forum as a guest.

I would be most grateful for any help here.

Thank you so much.

Screenshot with Internet Explorer when a user is logged in: Click image for larger version

Name:	logged-in-IE.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	360.9 KB
ID:	4337376

When the forum is viewed as a guest, displaying correctly: Click image for larger version

Name:	IE-as-guest.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	337.1 KB
ID:	4337377
    Last edited by Scream And Fly; Sun 31 Jan '16, 7:38pm.
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Looking at the screenshots, it looks like when there are 2 green check marks in a forum, the Last Post column wraps to the next line. Since this is happening only when logged in, it would be helpful if you provide a test account credentials.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Scream And Fly
      • Jan 2004
      • 3.6.x

Hi Glenn, thank you so much for your reply and help.

When you say you need a test account credentials, do you mean you need just a regular login name?

I have one I made here:

Login: Skyscape
      Password: test

It's strange to me that this only seems to occur on Internet Explorer. I am most grateful to any help you can provide me. It seems to also only happen with the inclusion of the HTML link in the text in the forum description. With just text there and no HTML, the formatting is not affected.

Thank you so much,
      Greg

Comment

• Scream And Fly
        • Jan 2004
        • 3.6.x

It definitely seems to have to do with the green check marks. I didn't even notice that! Not sure why there's two of them in the affected columns. I just wish I knew why this only happens in IE. It displays fine in Chrome.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Mar 2011
          • 5.7.X

The credentials you provided don't work.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

Should only be one green check mark, not two.

Do you have any add ons / modifications?
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Scream And Fly
              • Jan 2004
              • 3.6.x

Hello - thank you so much for your replies.
              I reset the password to the login details above now so it should definitely work now. I apologize.

Login: Skyscape
              Password: test

That extra checkmark seems to appear only where there are HTML links in the forum description (for our sponsored vendors). Also, none of this problem exists in Chrome. I attached an image below of the site, with me logged in, using Chrome.

We do have some modifications:
              Rotating banner system
              Dragonbyte Likes System (problem has existed before adding this)
              Photopost Gallery
              Everywhere sidebar: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=233871

Any help you could provide would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!
              Greg

Below image - logged in using Chrome - seems to display properly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	forumdisplay-chrome.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	308.8 KB
ID:	4337611

Comment

• Scream And Fly
                • Jan 2004
                • 3.6.x

Thank you so much Glenn! The issue is fixed, thanks to Glenn. I am so thankful to you and Mark for your very quick replies to my question.
                Thank you VERY much!

Greg

Comment