X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kirkus
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.6.x

[CMS] CMS not picking up custom styles

I'm sure I've seen a fix for this at some point in the past, but after much searching today I can't find it. So if this post is a repeat, I apologize.

I have 5 custom styles - mainly color differences. In 2 of these styles my CMS pages display correctly. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-09-06 at 3.01.52 PM.png
Views:	79
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	4328509

But in the other 3 the CMS pages do not display correctly. It appears as though they're not finding the CSS files? Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-09-06 at 3.04.17 PM.png
Views:	34
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	4328511

Forum pages all display correctly. The problem is with the CMS only.
  • Kirkus
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.6.x

No one can help point me in the right direction?

Comment

• Kirkus
      • Mar 2007
      • 3.6.x

I'm still troubleshooting this.

The page source of the CMS front page of one of the problem styles contains a link to the stylesheet and the directory for that style does exist. It's chmoded 755 and the files within it are chmoded 644.

I've done my best to compare style directories that work properly with those that don't and I can't see any difference at all.

If I create a new style, thereby recreating default templates, the new style works correctly.

Comment

• Kirkus
        • Mar 2007
        • 3.6.x

I've found a fix for this. It's not the most convenient and doesn't make any sense since only several custom styles are affected, but it's a fix none-the-less. Hopefully it will help someone in the future so they don't have to spend a week trying to figure it out themselves.

If the templates are reverted in the style, the styles load and work properly. I'll need to make a note of the changes I've made in various templates and, if necessary, re-modify those templates. If I discover which modified template was causing the problem I'll post it here.

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

If you change the default style, for the CMS make sure you clear the system cache under AdminCP > Maintenance.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Kirkus
            • Mar 2007
            • 3.6.x

Oh, OK. Thank you Mark.

Comment

• Kirkus
              • Mar 2007
              • 3.6.x

I want to wrap this up. The problem was in the "headinclude" template of the affected styles. I don't know how, but a closing comment tag was malformed. Instead of closing the comment with

-->

the comment was closed with some kind of special character that looked like an arrow.

I don't have a clue how that happened, but after replacing it with the correct closing the styles now work just fine.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...