X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boss-Hog
    • Jul 2002

Thread Titles and Links Missing

Hello,

Out of the blue this evening, all thread titles / links on the thread listing page have disappeared. Everything else is in place and looks normal, but the titles are not there for the user to click on to bring up a thread. I haven't even been on the site all day until I was alerted if this, so I've made no recent changes to it, and my host hasn't been able to account for this issue. I have confirmed it's an issue with all styles including the default. Can someone please help me with this ASAP? My site is current unusable in the meantime.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

I can see the issue. Something must have changed somewhere.

First thing I'd check is what version of php you're running....4.2.3 requires a minimum of php 5.4.

Next thing is to disable modifications and create a new default style:
    1. To disable the plugin/hook system completely, edit includes/config.php and add the following code:
    Just below
    Code:
    <?php
    enter
    Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
    2. Now go to AdminCP > Style Manager
    and create a new style with no parent.
    Now browse your forum using this new style. Do you still have the same problem?
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Boss-Hog
      • Jul 2002

Thanks Mark. I can confirm that I'm running PHP 5.4. My host may have identified the problem (below), though if not, I will certainly try your suggestion and post the results.

"I temporarily re-enabled the "display_errors" PHP option to begin debugging but have disabled it again so the errors will not display on the page. The error message that is being displayed appears to be caused by too much text being processed at once.

After taking a look at the source code, It looks like the issue is with the **fetch_censored_text()** function, which replaces censored words with the censor character. I will now be looking into what data is being processed when the function is called and will update you when I know more."
      Last edited by Boss-Hog; Sun 30 Aug '15, 3:52am.

Comment

• Boss-Hog
        • Jul 2002

It was indeed a problem with the censorship option, as disabling it fixed the issue. My host is continuing to investigate why the issue came about, as well as how it can safely be re-enabled without causing any issues. If you have any ideas or suggestions in the meantime, please let me know.

Comment

• Boss-Hog
          • Jul 2002

It was an issue with a hyphen in one of the censored words. Thanks for everyone's help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...