X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VHLinks
    • Jan 2005

Mobile Style and Subscriptions page

Hi,

So I have several paid subscriptions set up on my site and everything works fine on the normal desktop site when someone goes to the payments.php URL. However if someone is using the stock mobile style and try to go that page, they get the error that basically says "does not have any paid subscriptions available to which you can subscribe" which obviously is wrong. How do I make it so they can access the payments.php subscription page from the mobile style? Thank you for any advice.
  • gsk8
    • Jun 2003
    • 4.2.x

Was there ever a fix to this?
    Paula

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

I wouldn’t have thought so, vB4 was declared end of life with the release of 4.2.5 which was a couple of years back now.

There would have needed to be a bug report anyhow.

Nobody else ever ever reported this issue to my knowledge. Does it still occur in 4.2.5?

If it works in the desktop style but not mobile then there’’s probably an edit that could be made to the style.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Bat21
        • Jan 2003
        • 4.2.X

Yes Mark it still occurs in 4.2.5.
        When trying to pay a subscription users basically get told there are no paid subscriptions available.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

The mobile style in vBulletin 4.X is limited in what it can do. A proper implementation of the Paid Subscription page was probably never created. This issue would have been resolved in the release of vBulletin 5 where significant effort was made to make sure all of 17 of the default styles support mobile across all functionality.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• gsk8
            • Jun 2003
            • 4.2.x

So I take it the answer is "no fix".

This is disappointed given that I've paid some hefty license fees over the years since I started using in 2003. My paid subscription only works for Paypal and not all users can use that oversees unless they also have an account. Folks in Canada and USA don't need an account to pay with Credit Card. Authorize.net was the next best bet, but they've changed things and it's no longer a viable solution. CCBill costs twice the amount of paypal in fee.

Paula

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by gsk8
              So I take it the answer is "no fix".

This is disappointed given that I've paid some hefty license fees over the years since I started using in 2003. My paid subscription only works for Paypal and not all users can use that oversees unless they also have an account. Folks in Canada and USA don't need an account to pay with Credit Card. Authorize.net was the next best bet, but they've changed things and it's no longer a viable solution. CCBill costs twice the amount of paypal in fee.
              No formal fixes will ever be written for vBulletin 4, as it was declared end of life with the release of 4.2.5. All development work is now focused on vBulletin 5.

When I get chance I will have a look at the templates and see is there's anything fairly straightforward that can be done to make this work - however this isn't going to be for a week or two realistically, and there are no guarantees.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

The vBulletin 4.X Publishing Suite is considered to be End of Life software. While we will strive to support the latest version, we do not foresee any further development of the series.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...