X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeSD
    • Jun 2015
    • 3.5.x

Is there a quick way to do this? Forum Permissions

I have a number of forums (20 or so). I want to create a single forum, that only 1 UserGroup can use and is limited to only it. No other group could post in the forum (read only), and this group could not post in any other forum (those would be read only). Everyone could see everything though.

I know I can go to every individual forum, using forum manager (or permissions) and deny access to that group, to all the other forums.
    I know I can go to that specific forum, and deny access to all the other groups.
    And I know I can go to that one forum, and give access to only that one group.

But that is a lot of work.

Is there an easy way to create a forum, and allow only one single group to use, and without using passwords. I know I could create a group and make it password accessable but I don't want to do that. I want it to be permission controlled. The reason I want to do this, is to have this group controlled. So, If I want to limit someone to a single forum, I could just change the group, they belong to.

I did try creating a UserGroup, based on "Unregistered", that took care of denying that UserGroup access to other forums.
    And, I used Forum Permission to give access to that single group. That was pretty easy and 2 steps. But everyone in Registered and other groups can still post in this special forum. The only way I can see to complete what I want, is to deny access individually, for every group, for this forum. Seems very labor intensive. I'm wondering if there is an easier way.

How can this be done easily?
    Last edited by MikeSD; Tue 28 Jul '15, 8:34am.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...