• Show
Clear All
  • rcull
    • Jan 2005
    • 4.2.x

[Forum] Parse error, line 173

I have just received the following error:
    Parse error
    : syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/teambuic/public_html/forums/forum.php(791) : eval()'d code on line 173

I also notice some confusion in my admincp regarding the version I am running. Could be related.

How should I approach the problem?

Thanks

Attached Files
  • kh99
    • Aug 2009

That error is coming from a plugin (it's using hook forumhome_complete, if that helps).

I know what you mean about the version confusion, but I think all the times it says 4.2.3 on that page are just telling you what the latest released version is.

Comment

• Paul M
      Former Lead Developer
      vB.Com & vB.Org
      • Sep 2004

What confusion ?

It tells you that you are running version 4.2.2 Patch Level 4, and the latest version available is 4.2.3, seems pretty clear.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• rcull
        • Jan 2005
        • 4.2.x

I am not sure that knowing that it's related to a plug in helps, but maybe it won't be much of a problem.

I am not sure why it seemed confusing now?!?!?!

Thanks

Comment

• kh99
          • Aug 2009

Sorry, I suppose it doesn't help much. But what you can do is to disable each product one at a time until you figure out which one it is, then you can contact whoever wrote it and try to determined a fix.

It might be faster to go to the plugin manager and sort the plugins by hook location, then see what is using hook forumhome_complete.

If it were just a warning or notice, one option would be to suppress messages from being displayed. But since it's an error, it means that something isn't working the way it should. It's also possible that someone tried to hack your site and made a mistake in the process, so it might be worth looking into.

Comment

• rcull
            • Jan 2005
            • 4.2.x

I got it and I think it is now fixed, I hope....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...