X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raptor
    • Jan 2001
    • 4.2.x

vBulletin 4.2.3 Facebook Connect not working

I have upgraded to 4.2.3 and when i click on the Connect with Facebook button nothing happens. Tried all browsers.

I have seen others report the same issue too. Can someone verify this is an bug and is being resolved?

Thanks
    Digital-Forums: www.digital-forums.com | CK3 Games: www.ck3.co.uk
  • Raptor
    • Jan 2001
    • 4.2.x

Fixed - the instructions need updating to make it clearer

I needed to fill in the "Valid OAuth redirect URIs" field on the "Advanced" tab with the forum url

Comment

• Raptor
      • Jan 2001
      • 4.2.x

OK I spoke to soon

Various errors now.

When making a post the publish to facebook option throws and error (same error if you try to share a post)

Invalid Scopes: publish_stream. This message is only shown to developers. Users of your app will ignore these permissions if present. Please read the documentation for valid permissions at: https://developers.facebook.com/docs...in/permissions

and then

Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains.

Like / Comment works just fine.

I have entered as the forum URL correctly in the advanced tab (it doesnt let me enter any url in the basic tab under App Domains - it just gives the error Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains)

When registering it doesn't pull in any password or email address - just the username. also doesn't save the avatar - it shows the facebook profile pic on the registration page but doesnt save it as the forum avatar

Can I get some help please - thanks
      Last edited by Raptor; Wed 15 Jul '15, 12:56pm.

Comment

• Raptor
        • Jan 2001
        • 4.2.x

and Facebook Connect Logout doesn't work

did anyone at vBulletin actually this before releasing it ?
        Last edited by Raptor; Sun 28 Jan '18, 7:51am.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Are you using a new App or an older one?

The instructions for a new app are here: http://www.vbulletin.com/go/fbconnect

However there are some issues with the Facebook Connect in 4.2.3 and it wasn't verified by QA before release. vBulletin 4.X is not a project considered to be under active development.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Raptor
            • Jan 2001
            • 4.2.x

The new app, there is no way to create an old app with facebook so you should update the following instructions as they are showing info for the old app method (https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/...acebook_enable). There were a couple of points in that guide that I updated and it fixed the issue with the share button - changing the category to apps for pages and adding a platform > website > site url (FYI none of the attachments are displaying for me on the page you gave me) - however everything else is still broken as reported

With respect it's quite bizarre you telling me that you say you consider that vb 4.x is not considered active development when I've been a customer for 14 years and I paid a lot of money for 2 licenses and you are still releasing updates for them - so it's either under development or it isn't - you can't have it either way.

I really don't care for VB5 and am quite happy with vb4 as I know many others are so i'd prefer to stay with vb4 and have this fixed please - thanks

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

The most up to date instructions are here:

As Wayne has stated, vB4 is not currently receiving any active development, so there will be no changes or fixes at this time. Whether this may change in the future, I do not know, however the support team cannot change this situation
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Raptor
                • Jan 2001
                • 4.2.x

4.2.3 was just released with the new Facebook API so what do you call that if not active development?

And why are you repeating the information i've already been given? Whats the point in that?

Perhaps if you spent more time on fixing your useless guides that would be more helpful

I'm sorry but that isn't an acceptable response to a paying customer.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Raptor; Thu 16 Jul '15, 12:01pm.

Comment

• Raptor
                  • Jan 2001
                  • 4.2.x

I have to say I am astonished by your response. It stinks of arrogance, almost like you are doing me a favor just by responding.

I paid for a product. The product is still being maintained and updated. There was a new release just weeks ago ergo your company has a legal responsibility to maintain the product unless it has actually committed to a cut off date and discontinues any and all support with sufficient notice. What's the point of releasing a brand new build with the new Facebook API if it doesn't even work?

I'm sorry but this is not acceptable to tell me that you are not prepared to even attempt to resolve these issues or raise a ticket for them. After 14 years with vBulletin i'm angry and disgusted by this unprofessional response.

Shame on you.

Comment

• Raptor
                    • Jan 2001
                    • 4.2.x

I enable facebook connect and the site slows to an absolute crawl. I disable it and its speedy as normal.

I found others with the same issue here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...low-page-loads
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Raptor; Thu 16 Jul '15, 1:14pm.

Comment

• Paul M
                      Former Lead Developer
                      vB.Com & vB.Org
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Raptor
                      I have to say I am astonished by your response. It stinks of arrogance, almost like you are doing me a favor just by responding.

I paid for a product. The product is still being maintained and updated. There was a new release just weeks ago ergo your company has a legal responsibility to maintain the product unless it has actually committed to a cut off date and discontinues any and all support with sufficient notice. What's the point of releasing a brand new build with the new Facebook API if it doesn't even work?

I'm sorry but this is not acceptable to tell me that you are not prepared to even attempt to resolve these issues or raise a ticket for them. After 14 years with vBulletin i'm angry and disgusted by this unprofessional response.

Shame on you.
                      You might want to look at your own responses before attacking the staff.
                      No one is doing you a favour, in fact your current posts will largely put anyone off from responding to you.

There is no legal responsibility to maintain vb4, updates are if/when its deemed so by management.

In the case of Facebook, they are constantly moving the goalposts atm, its hard enought to keep up with them on vB5.
                      Any changes on vB4 now are rare, its simply not the current product any more, and there are almost no resources to work on it.

If the issues are logged in Jira, then they will be considered if/when morevB4 work is considered.

Baby, I was born this way

Comment