X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeSD
    • Jun 2015
    • 3.5.x

Hacked System - Had to reinstall - Now problem

My system was hacked, at some point. So, I deleted all the scripts and started over. I wanted to keep the database and all the forums and threads. But I changed the database password, just in case.

After the install, I have one thing that's not working. It is the "Articles" link. I get an error saying "I can't connect to database". It may be a simple password issue, since I did change the password. But I also fixed it in the "config.php" file, for the new password.

Here is what I did to get to this point.

* When I re-installed the system, it wouldn't let me "install" because I unchecked the tables, for deletion. I wanted to preserve the existing tables. It said "perhaps you want to upgrade" and I clicked the link. I didn't have any files, but it appeared to install everything, and kept the database, just as I wanted.

* Almost everything works as I expect it. But when I click the "Articles" link, I get the database error, "I can't connect to database". There is an "articles" database, and the vBulletin can manage that content, and I see the actual content. It's just that the content.php can't access that content.

Is it possible that another file should be updated with the database password, that can explain this? Where?
    Is it possible that the password is held in the file somewhere? Where?
    Any idea what needs to be fixed?

Here is the site: Forums: "Articles" doesn't work.
    Last edited by MikeSD; Fri 10 Jul '15, 8:06am.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...