X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SWSUSA
    • May 2012
    • 4.2.x

[Forum] Time Zones Russia

Good afternoon! October 26, 2014 in Moscow time zone UTC+3. In vBulletin 4.2.2 Patch Level 4 time zone UTC+4 Moscow. People are suffering, confused. Correct the time zones for Russia to be updated. Thanks!

Добрый день! С 26 октября 2014 года в Москве часовой пояс UTC+3. В vBulletin 4.2.2 Patch Level 4 часовой пояс Москвы UTC+4. Пользователи мучаются, путаются. Исправьте часовые пояса для России в обновлении. Спасибо!
    Форум бухгалтеров и аудиторов Glbyh.Ru. Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
  • kh99
    • Aug 2009

Have you tried asking users to edit their profiles, and under General Settings > Date & Time Options, set "DST Correction Option" to "always off"? You can do the same thing for guests in the admincp under Date and Time Options.

Edit: Or maybe it needs to be "always on"? If Moscow should be in a different GMT offset, you could edit the phrases to do that.

Comment

• SWSUSA
      • May 2012
      • 4.2.x

I explained to users how to set the time, but many think is still confused and do not know how to do it. Not every user is reading my explanation of the topic how to do it.

Someone figured out how to set the time correctly, but a minority.

Я объяснил пользователям как правильно настраивать время, но многие думаю всё равно путаются и не знают как это сделать. Не каждый пользователь читает моё пояснение в теме как это сделать.

Кто то понял как настраивать время правильно, но таких меньшинство.
      Форум бухгалтеров и аудиторов Glbyh.Ru. Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Comment

• kh99
        • Aug 2009

I understand, but I don't see how the vbulletin people can fix the problem. The only thing I can think of would be to change the phrase so that 'Moscow' was in a different time zone selection, but existing users would still have to change their settings. You could do a sql query to change the DST setting, but then you'd need a way to do it only for users in Moscow.

Comment

• SWSUSA
          • May 2012
          • 4.2.x

This issue concerns not only in Moscow.
          October 26, 2014 in Russia has 11 time zones. These correspond to the International Numbering time zones from the 2nd to the 12th inclusive.

Эта проблема касается не только Москвы.
          С 26 октября 2014 года в России установлено 11 часовых зон. Они соответствуют по международной нумерации часовым поясам со 2-го по 12-й включительно.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

You can edit the timezone phrases in the AdminCP under Languages and Phrases -> Search for Phrases. Set the search term to Timezone and set the Search In option to phrase variable name only. You can edit each phrase to fit your needs and include city reference points.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

I doubt this will be updated in vBulletin 4.2.X. However I have added a JIRA to update the timezones in vBulletin 5. You can see it here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-14829

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• SWSUSA
                • May 2012
                • 4.2.x

I have a forum Bulletin 4.2.2. We communicate in the section Bulletin 4. You can add the issue tracker Bulletin in 5 or 3, but it does not help me.

У меня форум Bulletin 4.2.2. Мы общаемся в разделе Bulletin 4. Вы можете добавлять эту проблему в tracker Bulletin 5 или 3, но мне это не поможет.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

vBulletin 4 is no longer under active development. Adding it to the vBulletin 4 tracker won't help either as it will probably never be fixed. vBulletin 4 is using timezones from when it was released in 2009.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• SWSUSA
                    • May 2012
                    • 4.2.x

On behalf of all purchasers vBulletin 4 I ask you to make these changes in the update if you are not hard. It is important for all Russian-speaking users around the world are at least 200 million people, and they live in, including the US, Canada, Australia, Western Europe and many other countries.

От имени всех покупателей vBulletin 4 я Вас прошу внести эти изменения в обновление, если Вам не трудно. Это важно для всех русскоговорящих пользователей, которых по всеми миру не менее 200 000 000 человек и они живут в том числе в США, Канаде, Австралии, Западной Европе и многих других странах.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                      You can edit the timezone phrases in the AdminCP under Languages and Phrases -> Search for Phrases. Set the search term to Timezone and set the Search In option to phrase variable name only. You can edit each phrase to fit your needs and include city reference points.

You can update your site following these instructions...

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...