• Show
Clear All
  • Eq4Bits
    • May 2006
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] Warning/phperror in admincp>maintenance>general update tools

vB4.2.2 PL4
    Firefox/Opera/SeaMonkey/Safari/IE/Chrome

Trying to sus out inability to post (white page ./error.html) and while in admincp>maintenance>general update tools I have the following show up in the middle of the page:

Warning
    : Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 261

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupDiscussion::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupdiscussion.php on line 337
  • nextgen
    • Oct 2010
    • 5.7.X

Hello after upgrading so many problem display...that i solved now last error is display that is under way Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that

Comment

• Eq4Bits
      • May 2006
      • 3.6.x

seriously 4PL's later and vB is still distributing 4.2.2 packages with this error????

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

PL don't generally deal with non critical bugs/issues. Run 4.2.3 if you want php 5.4/5 compat fixes.

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

As Zachery says, you should upgrade to 4.2.3.

It's not an error, it's a php warning.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Paul M
            Former Lead Developer
            vB.Com & vB.Org
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Eq4Bits
            seriously 4PL's later and vB is still distributing 4.2.2 packages with this error????
            Correct.

PL's are not for dealing with minor issues such as that, they are primarily for security issues, and very rarely, serious bugs.
            Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Eq4Bits
              • May 2006
              • 3.6.x

ick, I didn't see 4.2.3 as a download option (yes, I saw that part of answer in email notification) I'll go see about downloading that (if it's an option...)

Comment

• Eq4Bits
                • May 2006
                • 3.6.x

ummm nope, not gonna download and install 4.2.3 ... there's a note to the side of it that states Unstable. I've got enough issues right now without compounding them with an unstable version release.

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

Its not unstable in the traditional sense. I'd still suggest upgrading to it over 4.2.2's latest release esp if you need the php 5.5 fixes.

Comment

• Paul M
                    Former Lead Developer
                    vB.Com & vB.Org
                    • Sep 2004

ummm nope, not gonna download and install 4.2.3 ... there's a note to the side of it that states Unstable. I've got enough issues right now without compounding them with an unstable version release.
                    Its only labelled that way because its not (yet) the full release, its RC1.
                    There will be virtually no difference between RC1 and the final version thats due in the next couple of weeks (one minor template change).

Comment

• Eq4Bits
                      • May 2006
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Paul M

Correct.

PL's are not for dealing with minor issues such as that, they are primarily for security issues, and very rarely, serious bugs.
                      sorry but if it keeps the software from working without throwing errors because of a continual code issue that is known and not fixed with *current releases* that we have to use then it's not *minor* as it impedes easy use by customers.

I hope it was fixed with the 4.2.3 because until I know for sure I won't upload the two files in question and have to go through all this crap again.

Comment

• Zachery
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Jul 2002

sorry but if it keeps the software from working without throwing errors because of a continual code issue that is known and not fixed with *current releases* that we have to use then it's not *minor* as it impedes easy use by customers.

I hope it was fixed with the 4.2.3 because until I know for sure I won't upload the two files in question and have to go through all this crap again.
                        Sorry, it is a minor issue. Its a non critical error that you can disable with a single line change in the config file. Or you can run the version that has the fix. Its your call.

Comment

• Paul M
                          Former Lead Developer
                          vB.Com & vB.Org
                          • Sep 2004

It is a minor issue, whether you agree or not, thats how it is.

Its your choice whether you upload 4.2.3 or not, no one is going to force you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...