What PHP code in register.php controls mail validation group movement?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skyrider
    • Feb 2006

[Forum] What PHP code in register.php controls mail validation group movement?

As per title. I'd like to know, which part of the code in register.php is controlling where a user is being moved to another group after he/she validated his/her email address.

EDIT:

Found it:

Code:
    $userdata->set('usergroupid', $user['usergroupid']);
    at // ### DO THE UG/TITLE UPDATE ###. line 1507.
    Last edited by Skyrider; Mon 18 May '15, 5:26am.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Please don't mess with that code, you're going to break a lot of things.

Comment

• Skyrider
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zachery
      Please don't mess with that code, you're going to break a lot of things.
      It's not exactly that I want to, it's just that I'm afraid for the steam login system and steam linked primary group users, I have to. The only thing I intend to do is adding a IF / ELSE code. If the user has steam linked, put the user into the steam link primary group, ELSE using the default $userdata->set('usergroupid', $user['usergroupid']); code. From what I tested, nothing has broken down yet. It shouldn't affect normal new vB registered users at all.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

The branch is if ($vbulletin->GPC['a'] == 'act')

You will probably want to use a plugin on the register_activate_process hook.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Skyrider
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          The branch is if ($vbulletin->GPC['a'] == 'act')

You will probably want to use a plugin on the register_activate_process hook.
          That's kinda a problem. Whenever someone is activating his/her mail address, and the user is logged out or used the activation link on a different account, the user is being moved to the default registered group 2.

Comment

• kh99
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Skyrider
            That's kinda a problem. Whenever someone is activating his/her mail address, and the user is logged out or used the activation link on a different account, the user is being moved to the default registered group 2.

Are you saying that a plugin you made isn't working like you expect? Maybe you're using $vbulletin->userinfo (the current user's info) when you should be using $userinfo (the info of the user being activated).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...