How Do I Change Article Preview Background?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnGrind
    • Jul 2014
    • 4.2.X

[CMS] How Do I Change Article Preview Background?

So I tried going through all the obvious stylevars for cms background, etc, and none of them are changing the background of the preview article box.

The background the arrow is pointing to in the picture is the color I want changed. What styelvars is it or in what template am I able to change that color?

Thanks for all your help. Been trying to figure this out for a while but I can't even see anywhere in the cms stylevars where anything is set to that blue color so I have no idea where it's coming from.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

In the default style, the article preview uses the vbcms_article_background stylevar via the article_preview class. This is originally set to transparent so shows white in the default style.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• JohnGrind
      • Jul 2014
      • 4.2.X

Im not using the default style though. So how can I change it in my current style? Kinda looking for a step by step instruction here as Im a little confused.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

You would need to edit the above mentioned style variable: vbcms_article_background

In the AdminCP go to Styles & Templates -> Style Manager. Choose your style from the list and select the Style Variable Editor from the options list for that style. If that is selected, then click the Go button. Find the style variable in the list and edit it to your liking.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• JohnGrind
          • Jul 2014
          • 4.2.X

^^

I tried that but it doesn't change the blue color of the article preview. That only changes the color of the article background after it's clicked on. It is that blue shown in the picture on the article section preview I want changed.

Comment

• JohnGrind
            • Jul 2014
            • 4.2.X

Anybody? Hah.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

You'll need to to contact the author of your custom style on how to change it. If they didn't follow best practices in creating styles, they could be overwriting the color in a CSS template somewhere.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment