X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Preliator
    • Apr 2015
    • 4.2.x

Test forum

Hi all. I am italian and I don't speak english very well so sorry in advance for any errors.
    I have the 4.2.2 on CentOS 6.5. Vps Classic by Ovh is my host.
    I want to go to the Vps Cloud plan and completly rebuild my forum that have some problems at the moment. According to the License I can't have 2 forum on 2 different domains.

This is the situation.
    I have 2 domain: the main domain1.it and domain2.it (used very little) that redirect with .htaccess to domain1.
    My idea is to connect domain2's DNS to the new Vps. Install a fresh and clean version of vB 4.2.2. Import dB from the online forum to domain2 and set the new Vps to work correctly with my needs. When is all ready, I close the main forum, export again the dB for the new topic and users to domain2 and set the new Dns on domain1.

Now, if this is the right way... how can I do this job if I can't install vB on more than 1 domain?

Thank you
  • donald1234
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.1.x

You can have a second (test) forum on another domain as long as it is password protected, that is as long as only you can access it.

Comment

• Preliator
      • Apr 2015
      • 4.2.x

Only me? What if I have to rebuild the forum with others guys? (the other 2 admin)

Comment

• donald1234
        • Oct 2011
        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Preliator
        Only me? What if I have to rebuild the forum with others guys? (the other 2 admin)
        I am not staff, that is just my understanding of the rules. I am sure staff will clarify, if not today (Sunday) maybe tomorrow.

Comment

• donald1234
          • Oct 2011
          • 4.1.x

I think as long as the test forum is not available to general internet traffic you should be ok.

Hello. I have a vbulletin license and want to install a vbulletin forum in another domain, such as test forum. Protected access for htaccess so that nobody else can enter. But I want to install a test forum

Comment

• Preliator
            • Apr 2015
            • 4.2.x

Good to ear that. Thank you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...