X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warden
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] New Registrants Not Getting Email Validation

I have moderate new members disabled and I have the verify email address enabled. When I make a test account on my new forums, it does not send any email validation to any email address I provide. So, I disabled any hooks using this method to see if a mod was doing it,
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true); but it still does not work. I do not use POP either. Did I do something wrong?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

What happens when you go to admincp > Maintenance > Diagnostics > Email and you enter that same email there. Do you get the email?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Warden
      • Mar 2007
      • 3.8.x

I did what you said to both my yahoo and gmail addresses and got nothing in my emails. I attached what it said when I did the test.

Comment

• KurtinSA
        • Aug 2014
        • 4.2.x

Did this just start? Does the same thing happen to other members who have yahoo domain email addresses?

Kurt

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

The results of the test say that vbulletin is passing the email off to your server. So, the next step is to take a look at the mail logs on your server and see if they are bouncing, not getting sent, or what. If you don't know how to access your mail logs, you will need to ask your host.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• Warden
            • Mar 2007
            • 3.8.x

My host makes people use SMTP. So, I set up a free SMTP account and now the email validation works. Thanks for the help though. I appreciate it.

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

I'm glad you got it working.

Comment