X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1yesfan
    • Feb 2002
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] iOS 8 issue w with 4.2.1

Some of my users on Iphones or IPads are saying the thing below when coming on to my site. I have an older Ipad that was not running ios 8 so I upgraded it and I got the same issue where when I used safari to get to my site www.Yesfans.com I got the same thing where the app store opened up in another window and went to a Wizard of Oz game download...............

Lately every time I browse Yesfans, iPad Air2 w. iOS 8, the apple App Store opens up with the wizard of oz game. I am not touching the ad and it opens anyway, even if there is a different ad at the top of the page. Anyone else have this problem?

just did it again as I was reading the preview of this mssg.
    Tim L
    www.yesfans.com
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

This would be something specific to your site. If you placed the ad on your site, you should contact the author. If you did not place the add, you should follow the instructions here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...ring-your-site
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• 1yesfan
      • Feb 2002
      • 3.6.x

I put ADVERSAL ads on my site about 2 or 3 weeks ago but this issue is new this week.. That is my only change I have done to the site. I have done no other things to it. I did remove the ads and it is still happening. I know on my Ipad when I open safari and this happens the safari window stays open, the app store just opens also to the wizard of oz download in another window. I can click over to the safari and browse my site with no issue after that.
      Tim L
      www.yesfans.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

I was browsing your forum on my iPhone last night and didn't encounter the issue. However it could be caused by left over code somewhere. There is nothing native to vBulletin that would cause this issue.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• 1yesfan
          • Feb 2002
          • 3.6.x

hum. Just odd that it just started happening. Only change I made was adding the ad service which was a good week plus before this issue.
          Tim L
          www.yesfans.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...