X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderclap
    • Dec 2008
    • 4.2.x

Login Requires Google

I had a user submit this questions to our site. I'm a little confused as I've never experienced this, nor has anyone else reported it. I was hoping someone here might be able to shed some light on the subject.

On my main computer I block alla javascript for *.google.com and use substitute scripts for ajax.google.com
    (Because google has stated on the record on several occasions that they log all access to anything at google.com, including those ajax scripts. They append that information to your permanent profile, which also hold all the searches you've ever made and so on. And they sell that information on to other ad companies)

Up until two or three months ago I could login in and use the forums perfectly well anyway.
    (persumably because they didn't rely on any recent features of the scripts at ajax.google.com)
    But ever since I've been unable to login from my main computer.

We haven't added any mod or changes to the site except moved to a new host, from a shared host to a VPN.

Any idea what he's referring to?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

By default the system will load jQuery and YUI off of Google's servers. You can change this in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options. That is the only thing we use Google for though. If you changed those and the error is still occurring then you will need to look at your customizations including addons and style changes.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• thunderclap
      • Dec 2008
      • 4.2.x

Thank you for the information. It was very helpful.

Comment