CMS Permissions - Usergroup With Heightened Permissions Unable to View Restricted Section Page

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dh001
    • Aug 2014
    • 4.2.X

CMS Permissions - Usergroup With Heightened Permissions Unable to View Restricted Section Page

I created a section with the intention of allowing only administrators and one other user group, XYZ, permission to view the content listed there as it contains sensitive information. The problem I am facing now is XYZ are getting the "Username you do not have permission to access this page" message when trying to view the section page. The users can view the articles listed within the section but not the section page itself with a list of the articles.

Settings enabled:
    • CMS permissions set to allow XYZ and admins in Admin Control Panel > vBulletin CMS > Permissions
    • The new section and contained articles have both been published
    • Articles have been attached to the new section

Things I have have tried to resolve the issue:
    • Clear CMS cache
    • Clear browser cookies while logged into a XYZ account
    • Double check permissions settings in articles, section, and ACP

Any idea what would be causing this issue? Am I doing something wrong?
  • John Lester
    • Jul 2000
    • 4.1.x

Have you double checked XYZ's user group permissions?

Never mind there is no CMS section in user group permissions. Thought there was.
    Last edited by John Lester; Mon 16 Feb '15, 8:51pm.
    BrainTalk is a support group for friends, family, caregivers, and patients with neurological disorders and other health related diagnosis.

BrainTalk Communities Inc
    sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...